Model Cars Magazine Forum

paint question

blackbeard

Henry,

Art is absolutely correct!

Toby is correct the color is 376c pantone. When he gave the number I looked it up on one of my pantone fan cards

I don't know if you know what Pantone is. They are basically the standard of the industry when it come to matching colors for the Graphic Arts and Fashion world among other things. Anyone who works in the graphic arts area work with Pantones matching system on a regular basis. I guess you could say they are the Kleenex of the color world.

This is the formula to mix the color, they publish most of their colors in the CMYK format just like a home computer color printer. C= Cyan/ Blue, M= Magenta/ Purplish Red, Y= Yellow, K= Black

C=31%, M=O %, Y=100%, K = 27%

I would buy the paint that looks most like the CMYK mix and tint from there.

I did see a Go Daddy car not to long ago on Randy Ayers forum maybe they can help there.

Good luck!

Jimmy "RASS"

The formula is 31% C

FWIW,

If you have a good friend in the graphic arts business--perhaps he/she will have a Pantone book of color swatches! (Pantone book pages have at least 6 of each shade of each color, the more common colors perhaps double that. If they happen to have an older book laying around, but are using the current one, you might be able to come away with a swatch of the exact GoDaddy Green!

Art

Henry,

Art is absolutely correct!

Toby is correct the color is 376c pantone. When he gave the number I looked it up on one of my pantone fan cards

I don't know if you know what Pantone is. They are basically the standard of the industry when it come to matching colors for the Graphic Arts and Fashion world among other things. Anyone who works in the graphic arts area work with Pantones matching system on a regular basis. I guess you could say they are the Kleenex of the color world.

This is the formula to mix the color, they publish most of their colors in the CMYK format just like a home computer color printer. C= Cyan/ Blue, M= Magenta/ Purplish Red, Y= Yellow, K= Black

C=31%, M=O %, Y=100%, K = 27%

I would buy the paint that looks most like the CMYK mix and tint from there.

I did see a Go Daddy car not to long ago on Randy Ayers forum maybe they can help there.

Good luck!

Jimmy "RASS"

The formula is 31% C

The Pantone book your being quoted is the one used to match Pantone colours when using the 4 colour process system when making plates it's called a screen value book. It's not the right book. He needs to find a Pantone Matching book that is used for matching stand alone colours, which I have one. The formula for PMS 376c Green is as follows,

Yellow : 78.00 %

Green : 22.00 %

Total = 100.00 %

Use this formula to match the colour you need. You may need to add more green to get the proper tone depending on the primer colour you use. Test on plastic spoons to get it right. Good luck.

Edited by kitbash1

I've had my local auto paint store eyeball-match some Pantone samples on occasion, and they were never able to hit it dead-on with the mixing bases they had. Just never as bright and clean.

The one guy who does the matching is a real wizard, and has hit some pearls and oddball iridescent colors spot on.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy