Model Cars Magazine Forum

Forgotten kit build off?

Darin Bastedo

After taking a look at the Monogram Badman 55, and how badly it was molded, it really let the wind from my sails. So I've chosen another victim.

010.jpg

As well as being my entry in thie CBP, it's going to be my box stock build for next years Jaxcon, a catagory I've never entered because I don't build box stock. However this kit has got a lot of custom options and I think it's going to hold my interest. And lets face it - you just don't see this one very often. Which is the point of this one right?

You know, Jared, the White Lightning looks like it'll look a lot like White Diamond Tri-Coat when it's done. I read on one of the other threads that it needs to be put over white primer, or at the very least, white paint, for it to work. Just a heads-up.

Charlie Larkin

Thanks man, I've used it on my other escalade that I posted here awhile back and it turned out great, and does look alot like the real paint. It's gonna match my other escalade(the suv)so they will be twins lol.

Edited by bowtiebadboy333

Heres the start of my shelby 2+2 charger..

i started by trimmin the molded in muffler..

001.jpg

then i made a tuner muff . usein a 5/16th tube an scrap aluminum tube..

002.jpg

desided to use a set of pegasus wheels in stead .. an i made a dist for the motor..

im usein a set of rotors from a f&f supra i drilled all the holes out.

003.jpg

next few shots are the wired engine, an with the top on . i also started to l;owwer the car a bit tooo.

007.jpg

009.jpg

more to come soon this will ( or should be a quick build)..

Davin

Edited by mopar01lee

The T-bird is off and running. Well more of a slow jog actually. This is an old kit. Lots of molding issues to fix. Got the engine block and chassis in primer. Marc@MPCmotorsports (thanks very much dude) is sending me the proper tires for this one and I'll get things rolling (pun intended). The color is going to be Duplicolor Mirage 'Ice'. And yepper this is gonna be a lowrider. My first. I wonder if this will make me hip now.

005.jpg

Probably not.

Edited by Jantrix

Heres the start of my shelby 2+2 charger..

i started by trimmin the molded in muffler..

001.jpg

then i made a tuner muff . usein a 5/16th tube an scrap aluminum tube..

002.jpg

desided to use a set of pegasus wheels in stead .. an i made a dist for the motor..

im usein a set of rotors from a f&f supra i drilled all the holes out.

003.jpg

next few shots are the wired engine, an with the top on . i also started to l;owwer the car a bit tooo.

007.jpg

009.jpg

more to come soon this will ( or should be a quick build)..

Davin

Davin, I'm REALLY liken your wheel choice. B)

I would like to entry to this interesting community build, I have AMT '67 Impala wich is going to be like straight from the factory line. Is it ok? If it is, I start building, it's waiting for builder. So I haven't done anything for it yet, just have looked reference but nothing else. Is it ok, is it?

I joined this build off because I was planning a box stock build for contest. Unfortunately all of my "forgotten" kits are kits that were forgotten because they are just plain awful. I also figured that if I could do a terrible kit well for a box stock catagory it would really showcase my skills. What I didn't figure is how &%$@%&!!! crazy this would make me everytime I find a kit flaw that I would normally just customize my way around. So in consideration of my own sanity and the safety of my family (flying parts) I've decided to build another kit for my box stock contest entry.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your point of view) this is the Revell Goodguys 40 Ford Coupe. Not even remotely a forgotten kit. So with regret I think I'll just watch this one.

Be cool.

Well i got a little more done on the shelby.

these first shots. i started the paint detail of the engine.... B)

now its not done but started...lol

020.jpg

019.jpg

005.jpg

these next few are of the muffler placement and a few mock up picks ,

oh an i got the ride hight i was lookin for tooo.. B)

004.jpg

003-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

ok that should do it for now . next time you sould see some paint on other parts..lol B):DB)

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your point of view) this is the Revell Goodguys 40 Ford Coupe. Not even remotely a forgotten kit. So with regret I think I'll just watch this one.

Just tell us it's the stock, Standard version, which nobody seems to remember. B)

I think the Transit shows some potential...

IMG_63221-vi.jpg

IMG_63281-vi.jpg