Model Cars Magazine Forum

A few things you don't see every day, from a great day out at the Donington Historic Festival:

Donington%202013%20-%2078-L.jpg

Sunbeam Tiger LM Coupe

Donington%202013%20-%2070-L.jpg

Aston Martin DB4GT Zagato

Donington%202013%20-%2087-L.jpg

Mercedes W125 continuation

Donington%202013%20-%2085-L.jpg

Jaguar XJR-15

Donington%202013%20-%2075-L.jpg

Facel Vega 2

Donington%202013%20-%2057-L.jpg

My garage... ;-P DBR1, DB3S and DP212 (I think...)

Donington%202013%20-%2033-L.jpg

Lancia Aurelia

Donington%202013%20-%2031-L.jpg

ERA and Alfa wheel to wheel

Donington%202013%20-%2026-L.jpg

Not the best picture, but the unique ERA GP1 in action...

Donington%202013%20-%2010-L.jpg

Senna's Lotus 97T in which he won his first GP, before it went out on the track...

Wonderful photos of some very significant motorcars. I especially like the Tiger LM coupe. Vintage road race events are exciting events. It is a special thing to see the cars of our youth run in anger as they were meant to be. I've attended the vintage event at Road America several times. Once saw three of the five Corvette Grand Sports parked side by side there. And there is nothing like the sound of a dozen or so Can Am ground pounder's taking the green flag on the main straight, or the sound of a Ferrari V12 F1 car running through the fears on the Kettle Moraine Striaght to get ones pulse pounding. I love it.

Thanks so much for posting these classic racers for us Matt.

Beautiful stuff. The Aston DBR1 and Zagato are among the best looking race cars ever built, IMHO. We recently had a vintage / historic meet at Road Atlanta, but the turnout wasn't of the Donington caliber.

Hard to argue the beauty of the Astons, especially the Zagato. I'd sure love to return to Road Atlanta. I was there once for the 91 IMSA race. I'd love to make Petite Le Mans some day.

Sweet..love the selection...I saw an Aston Zagato very similar to the pictured car a few years ago here at the Copperstate 1000 event. I'd love to have seen the Senna Lotus....I saw a Mario Andretti Lotus 77 in JPS livery at Sonoma a few years ago...love those cars.