Model Cars Magazine Forum

Big Kahuna - 1/16 F/C - New Body Arrived - 1/12

I am missing the 2 front posts that go through the front grill and connects inside to fire wall.

They are part# E 117. But looking at your parts you have laid out, I don't see that you have them either. Can you see if you are missing these 2 parts?

Looking at the box image on the side, it looks like the model on the box does not have them either. I am wondering if they have been removed or this is a mistake.

Thanks. Your build looks awesome!

Glorioski !!!! I don't have them either. Technically, you couldn't build this thing box stock if you wanted too. I love Revell kits, but this is a pretty big omission, especially since the body brace is supposed to sit on the frame AND the body latch rods.

Thanx for the kudos.

Just sent this to Revell:

Dear Revell Customer Service Personage;

My name is Joe Goss. I am currently building the 1/16th Hawaiian. Big Kahuna - 1/16th Hawaiian I have posted the start of the build on the Model Cars forum. One of the commentors also building the same car asked me if I had Part #117 - Body Latch Rod (X2). Much to my shock and surprise, mine were missing too.
I can easily scratch build new ones from styrene rod, so I'm not asking for replacement. You may already be aware of the situation, but if not, there it is.
You folks are my main fix for all things Funny Car and always will be.

Hemi's and Nitro Forever, Joe Goss

Edited by Nitrozilla

That is awesome Joe.

I really enjoyed building this kit. Besides the missing parts.... my only complaint would be the windows. They are bad. I broke the windshield trying to shape it right. This may be why the pics of the car on the side of the box do not even have the windows installed. Look closely at the pics you can see it.

Other then that everything fit great. OH YEAH!! The part you reinforced on the frame.....one side of mine was broken in the box. But it was a simple fix.

Mike, Veeeeeery nice. You should take a lot more pics and put it in Under Glass. Speaking of glass, I checked mine this morning and it fits perfect. I can see how it would be a problem trying to fix one that doesn't fit though.

Also, been working on the wheels and tires. Plus I'll do parts prepping for assembly. I'll have pics later today.

Detail paint is 90% done, tires are done, should start assembly tomorrow.

The tires are as unshiny as I can get them. First pic is before and after. The lettering is from the Slixx 1/25 sheet. Due to the tight arc, I had to cut them up and put them on 2 letters at a time. Looks small in the pics, but just right in real life.

Then there's the body brace I've been promising.

Woot !!!!

030.jpg031.jpg032.jpg034.jpg035.jpg

LOOKS AWESOME!

Looking at you rear brake assm....your looks like mine did.... It looks like the brake assm on the right is missing the the little fitting for the rubber hose to connect to. Mine was missing on one of them also. Your may not be missing, but it looks like it is in the pic. I had to make a fitting for mine.

Has anybody seen my drill? What is with this kit? One more obvious quality control failure and my next letter to Revell might not be so kind.

You and I can make the fix, but what about a less experienced, less equipped modeler?

I have NEVER gotten any replies about any issues I have ever had with Revell. My 1/12th 69 foose camaro kit had a broken windshield and NO tail lights ..... Sent multiple emails and never hear anything.

Funny you should mention that.....

Al Klockowski <AKlockowski@revell.com>
6:25 AM (3 hours ago)
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Joe,

Thanks. We’ll look into it.

And then an hour later......

Al Klockowski <AKlockowski@revell.com>
7:25 AM (2 hours ago)
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Joe,

I’m told we are aware of the problem, and will have spares available in the near future. You and anyone else who needs one can order it via our online parts request form at www.revell.com.

Sorry about your experience Mike. My interactions with model companies have always been good, from replacing parts to donating kits for contests. Of course that was in the olden days and I don't know what their donation policies are these days.

Thanx for hanging in there Mike. Life is full of little speed bumps.

I hear ya Allen. This box stock stuff is hard. When I finish this, I've got a blue Charger with 4 Hemi's sitting in the wings. That's got mods.

Edited by Nitrozilla