Model Cars Magazine Forum

My first post

Ognib

Just completed my registration here & want to say hello.

Since my interest is big scale, thought I'd make my introduction on the big boyz page.

I built model cars when I was a kid, up to the time I got my drivers license & then moved on to 1:1 for the next 40 yrs or so.

Since retiring, my budget will no longer accomodate that, so am switching back to models to satisfy my need to build.

I have a project that is in the early stages & will be starting a thread to show it off for critique & suggestions on better ways to do things.

best to all

Edited by Ognib

Thank you.

Ya, 1:1 is a pricey hobby, especially if you intend do do something solid & nice.

As far as big scale, & I'm no expert, as this is my first large scale build, but the space within the build created by it's size offers more visibality to the components, thus offering greater opportunity for finer, more realistic detail.

I've been lurking on several model sites for several months now & there are some guys out there that are doing some incredable work.

In fact, I'd have to raise it, in classification, from modeling to small scale engineering.

A worthy challenge to aspire to, for sure!

Welcome aboard Ray I am a fellow Kansan... I am new to the big scale models myself... I am collecting parts for a 1/8th scale bucket roadster as well as a 1/16th scale Mustang project and a 1/16 scale 55 Nomad Gasser project... I saw your thread you started on the Duece Chassis... I am watching that one with anticipation...

Welcome and looking forward to see the build

Thank you.

I'm excited about getting started on it.

Been planning it in my head for several months.

Welcome aboard Ray I am a fellow Kansan... I am new to the big scale models myself... I am collecting parts for a 1/8th scale bucket roadster as well as a 1/16th scale Mustang project and a 1/16 scale 55 Nomad Gasser project... I saw your thread you started on the Duece Chassis... I am watching that one with anticipation...

Thanks.

Have you started threads on any of the projects?

Wasn't there a famous hotrod/customizer out of the past located in Winfield?

I remember the name of the town as being associated somehow with special interest cars.