Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Fairlane "Pro Street"

Salvo

Hi Everyone! I'm new here at this forum and thought I would post a couple of pics from my first build after a 20yr laydown from the hobby... I started posting over at the Scale Auto forum and got "barked at" for posting too many pics so I'll just post a few here... I'm not sure how many we can post here! It's a 1966 Fairlane, I believe was an AMT, I added the narrowed rearend from the AMT '69 SuperBee kit, added my own rollbar, detailed out the engine some... Hope you enjoy it!

modelcars021.jpg

modelcars020.jpg

modelcars015.jpg

modelcars013.jpg

modelcars023.jpg

modelcars022.jpg

modelcars019.jpg

modelcars018.jpg

modelcars017.jpg

modelcars014.jpg

I look forward to meeting new friends here and hope to learn alot from you guys. I'm looking forward to actually entering some contest as I have never done that yet! B)

Edited by Salvo

modelcars022.jpg

are those welds where the headers meet the rest of the exhaust ?

that is awesome

great detail

also i love the mopar rear end in it

maybe in the next build you can bolt it up to a real car :angry:

very nice model

looks like you havent skipped a beat on 20 years

welcome aboard

Very, very nice job. I think that is one of the very best kits AMT has made. Your attention to detail is excellent. The under hood work is superb. As for posting photo's, I find 9 is the limit to each post, but you technically can post as many as you like. Just cap the first post at 9, and quickly open a reply to that post and go on posting pictures. Anyway, nice work, so let's see what else you've got to show us. I have always found that other mag's forum to be very user "unfriendly".

Thanks for all the great POSITIVE responses guys!!! I appreciate it very much! It motivates me more to get into the "mancave" and get crankin'! BTW Harry, Eydie is doing just fine, I'll tell her you said "Hi!" B) If you guys like this one wait until you see what I have planned for a Vega coming up, I'm ordering the body this week! Thanks again for the warm welcome, now if I could just find a club here in the Phoenix/Mesa area......! B)