Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 scale Weber sidedrafts?

anyone know of a vendor making and selling 1/8 scale weber sidedraft carbs? I think shapeways offers some but if I recall correctly they look like downdraft ones.

thanks in advance

jb

Edited by jbwelda

hey thanks for some reason I thought they only had downdraft versions. but I was hoping to find a more complete carb, hopefully with velocity stacks already molded and maybe even a dual carb intake manifold. anyone know of others? if not I think I could use these but they will require some fabrication work.

thanks again

jb

What engine are you using these on? TDR does sell the velocity stacks for these short and tall..they also sell a manifolds for the BBC and SBC for these as well..If its something out of the ordinary then might have to scratch build something...

Edited by chassisdude

well I might use a pair of them on a TDR Offy motor I am building for a project car. I figured I will probably build a manifold but if there was a nice side draft one available I am always one to go with that instead. can you recommend some velocity stacks from TDR? I can't seem to find ones that look like they would fit. I do have the four from my offy motor that might be adapted but it would be nice to have ones made for their carbs

thanks again!

jb

yeah man that is looking bad! kind of the same thing I was thinking of, but with a track nose.

what are you using for a transmission? I bought one of their ford 4 speeds for the offy I have, but I think they also offered a shorty in-out box sort of thing. I see you did an excellent job of building the engine up, I don't have any recent photos of mine but I think I will take some and post em here. the car itself for it is still more or less in my mind, got a place cleared for it though.

I painted the engine block too, like you, mostly because I didn't want to try to simulate a bare metal finish on it. mines for a hot rod...that's why I feel like taking some liberties like the Weber carbs.

heres a pic from a couple months back, meanwhile the side plates have been completed and I am closing in on the cam covers...

hYt1Zu.jpg

please post up some more pics if you got em, I would like to see more of that engine and car.

jb

Edited by jbwelda

Thats looking good. Not hijacking your thread but here are some pics that you asked about .I used a Muncie on mine...There were no bell housings available at the time so a friend from TDR hooked me up with a proto type.. I believe the now have bell housings available but the Shapways site is not very user friendly in that you cant search for a specific part very well..If you visit TDR's FB page and ask Tim or Don to help you find out if they have them at Shapeways...They have the big offy 252 cui available now as well

post-15203-0-44799500-1426287127_thumb.j

post-15203-0-29657000-1426287155_thumb.j

post-15203-0-30217900-1426287320_thumb.j

post-15203-0-23493700-1426287269_thumb.j

thanks for the pics and no worries on the hijacking. nice job on that header fabrication, I am going to be trying much the same thing, I hope they turn out half as nice as that one you made

oh and I think I have that same tranny, I probably called it wrong. probably got it around the same time you did, its been a few years now, and I think I have that same bell housing. its all done but the linkage and in fact I engineered that engine stand to accommodate it too when it gets attached to the block.

jb

Edited by jbwelda