Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Cannonball Run CBP

Nick Winter

The camaro is down from the lift. The "man" that was supposed to be finished with powdercoating the sidepipes is not yet finished, but they will be ready in time for the race start, he assures me. The neighbours are not happy atm, because its loud now :)

post-10605-0-24994100-1384756620_thumb.j

The camaro is down from the lift. The "man" that was supposed to be finished with powdercoating the sidepipes is not yet finished, but they will be ready in time for the race start, he assures me. The neighbours are not happy atm, because its loud now :)

IMG_0464.JPG

The dart is loud also, i think i pissed off my neighbors doing a burnout last night lol

attachicon.gifIMG_0464.JPG

Looks awesome Jan, very aggressive. If it can't be heard 10 miles before you see it it's not loud enough. :D

Hey Dave. How they hangin?

Folks, you're all doing well. I'm nearly finished but based on previous years something will come up which will delay completion until the last minute.

Next year? Well I did just get given a Revell Trabant...

Hey Zenrat… Thanks for the nice welcome. I really did miss you guys. It was a chaotic crazy three years. I think I've finally found what I was looking for… :)

If you want to see what I've been up to at the bench check out the 49 Merc in under glass I did during my 10 week forced vacation. Seems people like it.

64SS350 that paint looks nice. Deep, smooth and sharp without being gloopy or killing the details. That gen of Impala is a MONSTER. Big - HUGE and rear wheel drive. A Z28 with 4 doors. MONSTER engine bay… nothing in the chevy catalog you can't mash into there… can't wait to see it finished up

Thanks Dave, I set it down on the chassis tonight, couldn't wait, looks even better.

I may start using automotive paints much more often, paid $9.50 for 8oz., where as I'm paying $8 for two bottles(1oz) of Mod . Mast. enamel, he can actually make as little as 4oz., so less sitting around on my shelf.

Hoping to get to work on the Monte soon ... AS life keeps creeping in on me i don't want to excuse myself from the cbp cuz it is too much fun. So the fancy paint the crew wanted to do isn't happening and all the rep[air work on the body too so it willbe bare bones for sure . but the builds this year have been really great . and some of the co-drivers scare me so i will bring the best driver i know ..... and get for free :lol::wub: my wife . i know but she has a heavy right foot the temper of a red head and the attitude towards

other drivers as Franco from the Gumball movie. what is behind us is no consequence.

So heres to trying to get r done :wacko:

Michael

hey Nick (and everyone else involved)

looks like I might be getting back into modeling as the days grow shorter

not sure how I drifted away from models in general, but that's the way summers seem to go for me

if I remember correctly I had a build started for this but I wasn't happy with the body

so ill dig up the box and see where it sits and let yall know

Well after some very late nights the GTX is finished, as soon as the sun comes out and it warms up a little I'll get some pictures of the finished product.

The hot rod's frame is done, all that's left is the head lights, grill, interior, paint job, tail lights, glass, mirrors and door handles. Still planning on having it done.

Hope you can get the Stang done in time Kurt, looks nice so far!

Even more great builds everytime I open this page!

I have a bit more information, the evening of the Deadline and morning after the deadline If you could please PM or Email me 1 (your choice of Angle etc) photo of your finished build.

Then Day after the deadline ( December 1st I will be posting the underglass)

Thank you, See you at the Finish Line!