Model Cars Magazine Forum

Canepa KW, new project

ya, holy cow this sleeper is gonna be the death of me :unsure: My goal is to have no seams visible on the 5 parts that make up the sleeper, I am sick of sanding/priming/sanding/putty/sand/prime/sand/sand/sand/sand........did I mention sanding??? :blink:

to make matters worse, the tanker I am building to go along with this needs major putty work on the bottom to make it smooth/seamless, I must have lost my mind on this one, lol.

how anyone could be a body man for a living is beyond me, lol,

in all seriousness though, I am making progress. have one side of the sleeper just about smoothed out, frame is almost ready for paint and the motor is 1/2 together. should have some shameless 'look at me' pic's by the end of the weekend :)

Dude, I feel your pain! I'm currently working on an old Airfix 1/144 Lockheed L1011, and for the past few weeks it seems like it's been putty, sand, prime, repeat. I'm a little sick of sanding dust, if you know what I mean.

Dude, I feel your pain! I'm currently working on an old Airfix 1/144 Lockheed L1011, and for the past few weeks it seems like it's been putty, sand, prime, repeat. I'm a little sick of sanding dust, if you know what I mean.

Jim is right. This has to be the worst part of model building. If this is any consolation, just look at the awesome paint job on the cab and hood that will be applied to this troubling sleeper. :rolleyes:

That paint work is exceptional. Excellent job so far.

thank you, not too bad for a rattle can :) I am finding I really like the lacquer rattle cans, especially the metal flake colors. I hope it shines even more after some hand glaze.

was out of town for work last night, and just got home, so no work tonight on it, but I think tomorrow night will be another sanding session.......

oh so is there a way to fix the front end and do you think I can fit a RoG k100 cab on the w900 frame or do I have to use an AMT k123 frame

Gw trucks makes a correct front end kit and the cab mounts too. I started one of these kits year ago. Ended up boxing it up and it is waiting for me to finish it.

some progress [and yes, rivets 'died' in this episode :P ]

photo_zpse9293764.jpg

photo_zps1a43e8fa.jpg

photo_zpsd9a4f4d3.jpg

photo_zps8c16c2a8.jpg

will probably clear the sleeper again tomorrow night. frame is in color, just need to paint a few more add on bits, and then the wheels and tires can go on. might have a roller soon B)