Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sneak peek ....... Lindberg's Dodge Raminator

SteveG

Some of you may have noticed I haven't been posting lately. Well I've been busy with several new projects and here's one of them.

Picture32-vi.jpg

This is a test shot of the Dodge Ramintor due out this summer. The fine folks at Lindberg asked me to give it a look over.

Picture33-vi.jpg

Boy is this thing big !!! It's definately 1/24th scale. I placed it behind my only other Dodge truck model for comparison.

Picture30-vi.jpg

This is no snap together kit, definately skill level three. It took me about 10 hours to build it without paint.

Picture38-vi.jpg

I'm going to let the photos speak for themselves.

Picture39-vi.jpg

Click on the link for more photos....

http://public.fotki.com/SteveG26/raminator-/

Thanks for the post in the main forum, Steve, I would have missed this otherwise.

While I would much rather have gotten a factory stock Ram, I do intend to buy one of these when they are issued. I saw the unbuilt test shot at the NNL East, and I have to say, it looked pretty complicated. It sounds as if that thought is right on the money, from your comment.

Is the Raminator a real truck or a fantasy creation of Lindberg's? I used to follow Monster Trucks religiously, but after the wrestling people got involved and it became basically fixed my love of the sport waned dramatically.

For years I've wanted to do a couple trucks in particular and I very well may get more then one of these and do some kitbashing, provided I am happy with the tooling :lol:

Is the Raminator a real truck or a fantasy creation of Lindberg's? I used to follow Monster Trucks religiously, but after the wrestling people got involved and it became basically fixed my love of the sport waned dramatically.

Billy, It's the real thing ! Here's a photo of it in action.....

Picture50a-vi.jpg

There's more on the "Raminator" and "Rammunition" at the Hall Bros Racing website.

http://www.raminator.com/

-Steve

I talked to them, the Hall brothers, at the iHobby Expo, and they were excited about doing a feature on the real truck for reference in MCM.

I can't wait for this one to come out

I know that the response has been low on monster trucks, but I think there are enough out there that will love a new monster truck kit, done well also!

Il buy one, always wanted a good frame and accurate one to. hows the mold lines?

The molding of the tube chassis parts are very clean, the only area that needed any attention is where the sprue attachment points are. There were no heavy mold lines to clean up.

-Steve

I visiited an ex Amt engineer two years ago who did some work for Lindberg (not John) and just wondering if he made it into the new company.

Thx

Kind Regards

Luc Janssens

Belgium

Monogram@scarlet.be

Hi Luc,

I don't work directly for Hawk/Lindberg, I'm just an outside resource who helps them out when needed. I don't know the whole staff, I only have a couple of contacts over there. I can ask of course if you get me the name.

-Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So does it have the Lenco in it??????? They have more than one truck. The other one being Ramunition or something like that. I won't buy it if it doesn't have the trans it though. Other than that it looks pretty darn good.

Paul

I'm building two more more Monster Trucks to use as display for Hawk/Lindberg, both the Raminator and Rammunition. But I'm basically a repstock guy so I couldn't tell a Lenco trans from an Aamco trans.

Here's the best photos I have that show the setup for both kits. You tell me!

-Steve

Picture62-vi.jpg

Picture84-vi.jpg

Well color me dissapointed!!!!!!!! That unit looks nothing like a Lenco.

Go to www.lencoracing.com

What they have is a CS-1 with a monster truck reverse. I ought to know, I built it! Unless they pulled it out which last I heard they love it.

Paul

Paul,

I went back through my reference photos taken at the Hall Bros. shop and compared it to the kit part. I also looked at the Lenco website and some others that sell racing safety gear.

It looks to me like the part probably represents a Lenco 2 speed with reverse that is wrapped in a transmission safety blanket. The details for the blanket and straps are visible on the kit part. I supose they could have added some top detail where the linkage would attach at the top which my reference photo shows but it's pretty much hidden by the floor. Other then that it looks pretty acurate to what's in the truck.

-Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

.... these are now in production and should be available next month. I showed you the test shot last time, well here's the finished kits.

I just got the OK today from Ernie to post these. They will be molded in white and clear plastic. Not my usual build but I still had a lot fun putting them together.

Picture088-vi.jpg

Picture118-vi.jpg

Picture131-vi.jpg

Picture110-vi.jpg

Picture124-vi.jpg

A big thanks goes out to James "Moparbuilder" Tester for helping with the paint work on this Monster size project.

For more photos check out the link below....

-Steve

Raminator - Rammunition

• 2 months later...

I just got the word that Lindberg has started shipping out the Raminator and Rammuntion kits.

I should have a couple of samples early next week. I see some listed on ebay now and they should be availble at your favorite Hobby Retailer very soon if they don't already have them.

-Steve

Happened on the new Lindberg Dodge Raminator today. I'm not a monster truck guy but I had to have this kit. It's pretty impressive tome so I will try to tell as much as I can wih my limited review skills! Big impressive box with great art. Tires, clear parts and body are all bagged individually, the bulk of the parts are in a single bag. Molded in white. The tires are black vinyle with what seems to me just enough give to them. The clear tree is in it's own little section off to the side for protection from scratches (I guess). Decals are also bagged and are pretty sharp looking. The instructions manual is 14 pages of look to be pretty clear and straight forward assembling. There are also several in progress photos shpwing you how things should look. I've taken the body out of it's bag to examine it. Molding looks good with only a couple light mold lines . I am hardly an expert on reviewing kits and you may get one of these and say hey..that guys was nuts....but I hope not!