Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any model release rumors going on? Anything remotely that could happen someday?

I had heard from a vendor at Chrysler Nationals at Carlisle Show, back in July, that Moebius was going to be doing a 61 Pontiac Ventura and a 65 Mercury Comet but, have not seen anything on that yet.

1st I've heard of the ventura, but I have heard rumers of the 65 Comet and a 1965 Plymouth Belvedere ( I want both btw )

There was blip on a quartermilers board this past spring about them

Revell is rumored to be considering releasing NASCAR kits again, and someone from Revell is supposed to visit an avid GM G-body Cutlass owner and his vehicles in the near future...similar to what was done with the Mustang LX 5.0 notchback kit.

Revell is rumored to be considering releasing NASCAR kits again, and someone from Revell is supposed to visit an avid GM G-body Cutlass owner and his vehicles in the near future...similar to what was done with the Mustang LX 5.0 notchback kit.

Not trying to add to the NASCAR and Revell Rumor, but it sounds like its going to come down to that word we all hate so much, licensing , not so much with NASCAR, but with the Drivers/teams

I heard a rumor that are going to be some new kits released in 2013 :lol:

Looking at it I guess there might be enough difference in the Aventador Roadster to justify a new tool for it ala the Audi R8 Spyder, but then again it might be able to be handled via a few tooling insert changes (body & wheels) and that opens up the possibility of the Aventador J. But if I'm promised new tooling, I'd rather it be NEW tooling. If it's going to be a Lambo how about a Sesto Elemento? I would guess any new Ferrari is out of the question since that licensing seems to be locked up by Revell Germany and Fujimi. How about that Veyron we've been waiting on, there are several tooling variations available there if you run through the car's history including coupe and convertible along with several increasingly expensive & powerful upgrades. Wouldn't mind the other one to be something from the Aston Martin family. I know when they teased it at the beginning of the month a lot of people on FB wanted one of them to be something like a Pagani, Panzoa, Spyker or Kroenigsegg, but as cool as some of those cars are I don't know that there's enough demand for one to justify an almost one off kit run, there's not a lot of room to reissue them in different variations.

Edited by niteowl7710

Aoshima did say new tooling correct?, I think thats what I saw on their FackBook posting, so if it is a new tooling, could that include the Aventador spyder?, the only new tooling needed would be the body, and maybe interior tub, so if its 100% new tooling, then off the top of my head, the Veyron, but there are a lot of other super cars that I would like to see, I dont want to see a Ferrari from them to be honest, but they may feel the need to compete with RoG

I saw that, that's clearly a J, and I'm sorta "meh" on that, as while it's an interesting design study, it's just that, a one-off concept. I've much rather have the Roadster first, and have the J be another version down the road. I'm sure the Roadster WILL be forthcoming at some point, but the J isn't as high up my "gotta have that" ladder.

P.S. It really is a Roadster, not a Spyder you guys are killin' me :D

http://www.lamborghini.com/en/models/aventador/lp-700-4-roadster/overview/#!slide/808

P.S. It really is a Roadster, not a Spyder you guys are killin' me :D

I thought cars with a lift-off roof panel were referred to as "targa" tops? That's what I recall Porsche and Toyota calling them. :blink:

What does the "J" refer to/hint at/harken back to at Lamborghini?

• 1 month later...