Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Picked up the '49 Merc at Walmart for $19 last Sunday mostly for the engine for possibly something else, and it was cheap. And the Johan '77 Cadillac Coupe De Ville promo with original box off of Ebay. Just a couple of wear spots on the body and chrome, but the glass is clear.

post-9116-0-70966700-1401958213_thumb.jp

Edited by The70judgeman

Just got back from another estate sale. Went there four hours early and was ninth in line, but someone still beat me to a '67 Imperial promo :angry: , yet I did pick up a few goodies:

14167499239_d253646ac4_c.jpg

For a couple bucks each, got these three Motorifics plus another loose Jaguar body minus roll pan/rear bumper, and a couple Matchboxes for a buck each to replace ones I had as a kid. Finding a BRM and a Ford GT with all their original tires is a miracle! The Alfa Romeo is from Impy and in nice shape as well The other score was a Dremel model 3701 variable speed drill with attachments for $15.00; nice thing about it is that the speed can be slowed to 5000 RPM which will make grinding plastic much more manageable.

Anybody have a bumper/grille and door handle for the Impala?

Still bugged about that Imperial...

14352717202_5f3f490c60_o.jpg

Edited by ChrisBcritter

The Porsche 928, is a new release?

Simón P. Rivera Torres

These are the latest purchases, the new Revell kits come from the HQ in Germany and the rest are local finds. I seriously need to stop buying now and start build some more.

aankoop444.jpg

Man does that Rolling Thunder truck bring back memories...that Imperial seems to be a 68?

'67. It's a little blurry (from a photo on the sale website). There was also a green '62 or '63 Corvair promo that was beat to hell and missing its roof; couldn't see any reason to pay $4 when all that was good was the wheels, chassis and interior. Another guy in front of me snagged a sealed '56 Ford (fairly recent issue) for $6, and there was also an opened but unbuilt Hubley Model A coupe that I steered clear of (I already have a phaeton and a Victoria and can't give 'em away; might as well build 'em). Lots of Motorific track but I barely have room to display the cars, let alone set up a raceway.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

I've had four kits come in this week and have three more on the way, then I went and bought a lot of ten MORE kits off eBay last night. This will give me over eighty kits total, all since January. Not to mention the resin stuff I've bought. And the spare engines, tires and wheels.

Where does it end?

Dale

lol It ends when you die. Then your wife sells it to nothing to the next guy and it starts his addiction. Its a cycle......a viscous cycle.

I guess that explains some of the guys I know that have over 1200 kits in their stash. I thought I was bad just having 30 or so. :blink:

Lol I know the feeling. I have talked to older friends in modeling clubs here and the discussion of what will happen to their stash after they pass has came up several times. Some guys want to hand it down, others want members to sell it off for the spouse or kids. Always something to think about when you have a good sized collection of kits.

Edited by jrherald420

Lol I know the feeling. I have talked to older friends in modeling clubs here and the discussion of what will happen to their stash after they pass has came up several times. Some guys want to hand it down, others want members to sell it off for the spouse or kids. Always something to think about when you have a good sized collection of kits.

Yes. It's good to plan ahead. My wife knows who to talk to about disposing of my unbuilt collection. And she knows which two of my favorite builds will go to the International Model Car Builder's Museum. I also told her to take all my unfinished projects off the shelves over my bench and give them to my club to distribute. Maybe the guys will finish them in my memory!

The tough part is that the moment your passing goes through the community (which takes minutes these days with the Internet), some scum will be showing up at your door to bother your family about buying your stuff. And don't think this will be the top dollar guy. I know of this happening in several situations! So best to be prepared.

Every time I go to a show and see a big box of built ups for $5 each, I worry that those will be my cars someday!

Edited by Tom Geiger

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...