Model Cars Magazine Forum

LA Alley for gangster take down by Cops etc

English Jules

Looking great! I think your lighter is a little out of scale, though. :D This could really be any major US inner city, not just LA. Just by changing the police car it could be Detroit, New York, Newark, or just about any place.

Thanks guys. Been fun so far. I looked at images for 'los angeles alley' but yeah it could be anywhere at all, i did write MACKEY WAS HERE in reference to my fave cop show lol

Once the base is completed i can then build the Buick GNX, then work on the figures. http://s955.photobucket.com/user/mrcooljules/library/LA%20Alley

Im planning a NYC Liquor store robbery dio, again can only 14'' across but i can go 2 or 3' high, so i can do apartment windows, air con units, fire escape etc The old junk of a van used by the robber is almost completed.

thanks, i just did the dumpster quick, covered in graffiti etc the average person wouldnt know. I didnt have scale plans so i just did it quick by the eye.

I now have access to 3 different dumpsters in the US, so getting perfect dimensions of them, so i can replicate 100% correct. Then use masters to make resin ones. with 'false' 3 types of trash etc loads.

Looks great. I love how you diorama builders know just what colors, like on the fence, to use so that it looks real and not monochromatic. My fencs would not doubt just look like all rust, or all silver, but you start off that way, then end up ith something that looks that real. I would love to learn more about that.

Looks great. I love how you diorama builders know just what colors, like on the fence, to use so that it looks real and not monochromatic. My fencs would not doubt just look like all rust, or all silver, but you start off that way, then end up ith something that looks that real. I would love to learn more about that.

thanks :-) i dont usually use model related products. they are out of my price range. so i use items around the house, or cheap womens make up etc. I use hair spray a lot for many weathering of rust, or just painted colours.

I try anything, at times things do not work, but nothing lost. Fun to learn

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love your detailing and diorama work .. very realistic looking

Thanks, being in England i had to use images from the web, looked at least a 1000, had to narrow it down and down as i saw sooooooooooooooo many little interesting things. Size of my display case meant i didnt have the more room i wanted, hence no bad dude car crashed into the thick wooden pole, as my orig plan. I found a great image of a alley, and other side of the mesh fence, where i put the wing, engine bits, i saw a rusty old wreck on bricks...sat there for years. No room to replicate that though :-(