Model Cars Magazine Forum

American Truck Design As Art--What Is Your Favorite?

Agreed on Advanced Design Chevrolets (1947.5-53). Yes 54 and early 55 had this design but I hate the cross grille design. They have a truck for 30 big ones at a local dealership just like the one in the video except it has Texaco signage (my other love in cars). I want an early 47.5-51 with the vent windows from the 52-55 and the one piece windshield from the 54 and 55. In the 5 window model and an 7.5' box (3/4 ton). I don't like short boxes.

No, Sorry Jim. But I guess they weren't that popular, caz Kenworth only built them for about 2 or 3 years, IF that long. There aren't very many on the roads, and I was told that the truck drivers weren't too happy with the styleing of it. Such a shame, cas it LOOKED futuristic. not like that retro style truck that Mobius just released. THAT to me, is NOT a very attractive truck at all. TOO 30's Art Deco lookin to me, but hey, it musta attracted SOME truckers, cause there's a model of IT an NO T-1000's!

There was a guy who did resin copies of the T-1000, but he was askin OVER 130.00 for a cab, hood, interior an sleeper. YOU still had to provide the donor kit. I wanted one of those, but he's quit casting it.Oh well.