Model Cars Magazine Forum

1978 Dodge Lil Red Express

This is not going to be a purist type build.I tend to go with my mini-trucker mentality on most of my builds.So with that said here is a mini-truckers take on a Lil Red Express.

LaydOutLilRedBuildUp2.jpg

I went with a backhalf instead of a full frame.

LaydOutLilRedBuildUp4.jpg

LaydOutLilRedBuildUp5.jpg

LaydOutLilRedBuildUp7.jpg

More to come soon.

Edited by gautreau

The ride height was set for 3" in the front.

1978DodgeLilRedExpressBuildUp8.jpg

5" inches in the rear thatx to a height jig I made.

1978DodgeLilRedExpressBuildUp9.jpg

Now for the heart of the Lil Red.

1978DodgeLilRedExpressBuildUp10.jpg

Yeah its got a Hemi.

I too the hemi from the 2006 Chrysler 300 kit.Mainly for the engine cover.

Thanx for lookin'

Jeremy

Thanx I appreciate that.I won't say just lowrider but there is a lot of music that influences my builds.Almost done though.I had one little hang up on this build.There was an injection tab that I didn't see until after I installed the windows.This caused the cab to not sit right.But thats all fixed now.I just need to install the grille and bumpers.

1978DodgeLilRedExpressBuildUp17.jpg

Thanx for lookin'

Jeremy

I like what your doing here with lil red, I've always wanted to see one slammed. I'm all about the minitruckin' style. I personally would like to see the rear end come down some more and get that rim tuckin like the front but other then that it's a real cool build. Are you going to add the stacks? Keep it going, looking forward to seeing the progress.

Thanx fellas I appreciate it.

Jason, I too would have liked to get the rear of the truck lower.But,with the wheels on it and the fenders on the box being molded on I was left with this stance.I will be adding the stacks.I also intend on building another one.That one will have a full frame,shaker,426 hemi,and who knows where my mind will lead it too.

Ahhh that's alright Jeremy, it still looks great with that stance. Like any normal mini trucker, I just wanted to see how low it would go...haha. The stacks will look good, make a hell of a difference with the overall look. So did I understand it right that your putting 3 stacks? Be sweet to have the 3 or just the 2 poppin out of the bed instead of on the outside. Sorry man, now you got my mind leading to places. Keep it going, excited to see what you have in store.

• 3 weeks later...