Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom '53 Hudson

crazyjim

Seems like everybody is building the new Moebius Hudson. I wanted a shot at one but wanted to be somewhat different, so here's a CUSTOM Hudson. It's painted in HOK teal kandy with some Pearl Ex spring green on top. The body was primed in 2 different colors so I could get the "trick" paint effect. The taillight is where the original bumper was; most of the lower panel chrome was removed; '50 Olds headlights (I cast them now); and a different type of hood hinge that doesn't work right - yet. There's a small block Chevy under the hood. The original engine is available for trade. The exhaust system is aluminum rod while the chassis was painted with that Rustoleum texture paint (I love that stuff).

001.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

014.jpg

​The paint caught my eye first of all and I appreciate the effort, personally I think it works on this one. Also like the Olds headlights and tail light treatment. I prefer stock on the Hudson but, that's just me. I always thought it looked custom already. Nice job Jim. :)

Thank you for the wonderful comments. Duplicolor primers are different shades of gray. I shot the body with the hot rod primer (dark), masked, and then shot the car again with primer/sealer (light). Removed all the tape and then shot the HOK teal.