Model Cars Magazine Forum

Forum Troubleshooting - Picture Problems w/Internet Explorer? Look Here

Sixx

I'm with you Jason. I tried to post using the Url method that always worked and got rejected. I redid everything by copying direct image and now you have to chase down photobucket to see the images. I'm not sure that this is an improvement.

carl

I don't have any problems at all, I use Photobucket for almost every picture I post and it works for me.

It can be some settings either on your own computer or on your Photobucket account thats not working or aren't correctly set.
Have you tried to click on the direct link so it gets marked (mine gets blue), then hold down the Ctrl button and c at the same time to copy the link, go over here and klick on the img icon and klick in the url box so the cursor appears and hold down the Ctrl button and v to paste the link in the box and click ok.

By the way, have you done any setups under your Personal Settings at Photobucket lately?

If not, click on your user name, click on "Albums" and under "Links" check the squares for "Email & IM", "Direct link", "HTML code" and "IMG code", go down to "Easy Linking Mode" and check the square to "Turn On Easy Linking Mode" and click on save.

Now the links will appear under the thumbnails in your albums as they did before and that's how I have my settings at my Photobucket account.

I just going to try myself to see if it works.

IMG_0414b.jpg

Test passed.

Edited by Force

I used to be able to go on photobucket, click on img code and it said copied briefly. I then come here and hit the paste icon and whala the picture was pasted on here.

That is exactly how it always has worked, and still does.

Your problem might be an outdated web browser. Is the browser you're using the latest version?

Try Safari or Firefox. I use both, and have never had an issue with Photobucket.

"Turn On Easy Linking Mode" and click on save.

^^^ This setting in a Photobucket account allows the user to one-click the IMG link and copy it, instead of clicking Control- or Command-C to cop it. As Hakan said, you probably need to go into your PB account profile and manually select that feature.

I don't have any trouble posting PB images, either, but if either of you are having issues and are using Internet Explorer as your web browser, PLEASE read this topic first: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=81824&page=3

I use both IE 11 and Google Chrome and both works.
But I had to go and redo the settings my PB account after they did the last big upgrade about a year ago to get it to work as it did before...and after that it has worked fine.

Edited by Force

Tried my old computer, PB would'nt let me copy from thumbnails, but from pic after selecting it. Have to call some tech on my 'new' computer!

Since PB did the last major upgrade of the site quite some time ago you have to do some settings at your account for it to work like it did before.

So you probably don't have the box for "Turn on easy linking mode" checked in your settings for your account, on the page before this I gave a description on how you to fix it and what links you need to show.

But I'll take it again:

"Log on to your PB account, click on your user name and choose "user settings", click on "Albums" on the next page.

Under "Links" on the "Album" page check the squares for "Email & IM", "Direct link", "HTML code" and "IMG code"

Go down to "Easy Linking Mode" on the same page and check the square to "Turn On Easy Linking Mode"

And finally click on save at the bottom.

Now the links will appear under the thumbnails in your albums as they did before and that's how I have my settings at my Photobucket account."

Edited by Force

Tried my old computer, PB would'nt let me copy from thumbnails, but from pic after selecting it. Have to call some tech on my 'new' computer!

These are the link options you have available and showing in your PB album:

Links to share this album
Email & IM
HTML Embed
Flash Embed
Slideshow

I have no idea if those are the default Link Options or if you selected them, but none of them are of any use if you plan to share your images on a forum. Do as Hakan suggested, and specifically select the "IMG code" option, even if that is the ONLY option you select.

I use all the links I listed as they are useful for most forums and Instant Messaging.

Especially the Direct link wich I use here and together with the < img src =........> code on the Spotlight Hobbies Message Board.

And I use the "Img code" links on most other forums.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's been a long time since I posted pictures and today I tried and encountered the same issues as some of the people here. I use IE and tried the "compatibility view settings" on the IE tool bar and now I am able to post pictures. I just copy the URL from Photobucket and paste it directly where I want the pictures posted in the reply box with ctrl+v . Thanks for the help everyone.

Edited by carrucha

• 4 weeks later...

I just upgraded to Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 from IE 9. I notice that now I can't paste from my paste buffer. I've installed Opera as a workaround to access MCM and do that but I would prefer to use IE 11. Any tips to solve this problem? (I like IE so advice to switch browsers won't address the issue... :rolleyes:) Thanx in advance. B.

I know how you feel Bernard . I'm not sure what the advantages are of IE 11 over 9 and 10 but I had problems with it too . I uninstalled it and my computer automatically was running IE 10 again . . . no more problems !

Oh , and Photobucket wasn't working with IE 11 either !

Edited by TooOld

Thanx guys! I just uninstalled IE11 and it rolled me back to IE10. The other day I had tried installing IE10 from IE9 directly and it kept failing, so skipped up to IE11. Since the "versions" are just cumulative patches on a core program it simply deleted the IE11 stuff which yields ... IE10! Anyway things seem to be fine now.

Brett. your advice seems to be a good one. I hadn't entered MCM into my compatibility view settings, but if I recall I was running compatibility view generakky in 9 and earlier. I'll check it out and make the appropriate changes. I my try re-installing IE11 after that. Sounds like it should work.

I must say both IE10 and IE11 are faster and smoother than IE9. In particular they handle live streaming video much better than IE9. I've tried other browsers from time to time but am accustomed to the general IE approach and have been somewhat underwhelmed by the others. I'm not sure why there's so much hostility to IE, but maybe it's just that you can't teach an old dog new tricks...

In any case, thanx again...

B.

Edited by Bernard Kron

Just updated to IE11. Brett, you are right. What is required is that MCM be included as a Compatibility View site. Interestingly, IE11 transfers your Compatibility View list from IE10 but not from earlier versions. Everything is A-OK now, silky smooth and fast. Thanx for the tip. Hopefully it will be of use to others.

It's not so much that I hate IE, it's just that I like Firefox and Chrome because I can customize them with plug-ins and add-ons. I have a Chrome plugin that automatically loads the next page on most forums (including this one) so I don't have to click "next page", I just keep scrolling down. And there's plenty of good ad-blocker plug-ins out there. I use "Down It All" for Firefox a lot when gathering reference pics, it will save all the photos on a page in one bulk download instead of having to do them one at a time. There's tons of good stuff out there for the other browsers.

• Gregg unpinned this topic