Model Cars Magazine Forum

since im a farm boy, thought i needed to build a tractor. this was the first model i finished after taking a ten year break from modeling. not sure if this belongs here, but it is under glass. enjoy!

356.jpg358.jpg357.jpg359.jpg

Edited by zaina

That's a good looking tractor Andy! I just bought two of these and they should be here in the next couple of days. I can't wait to get my hands on them! Gonna have to go to the farm store and get me some JD green and yellow. Is that what you painted yours with? The colors look spot on. I'll probably be scratchbuilding equipment for it for a long time! :lol: Do these come with two or four rear wheels/tires? One of mine will definitely have to have duals on the rear.

Great job on that JD tractor. I got one still in the box awaiting to be built. Not sure whether to keep it clean and new as a load on a lowboy or dirty it up a little so it looks like its on the farm. I wanted to put duals on mine but they only have the one set of rears in the box. Too expensive to buy an extra kit just for the extra tires.

thanks everyone for the kind words. harry, i wondered if i should of put this here, and yes it is the amt kit. plowboy, the paint was actually testors from the rattle can but i built this a couple years ago and dont remember the color. i do know that they were not jd colors though...had my dad help me pick them out...he knows alot about jd tractors. and unfortunately the kit only comes with single rear tires. thanks again everyone.

andy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's a great build! I wish all of the old Ertl farm equipment kits would be re-released. I have a Massey-Ferguson 1155 needing to get built and I had to watch Ebay FOREVER before I found one at a reasonable price. I wish they would make a four wheel drive Massey kit.

Since your JD only came with single rear wheels maybe you could scratch build some axle weights to hang on those long axle shafts.

• 3 weeks later...

i cant wipe the smile off my face knowing they made farmin models im a farm boy too haha we just picked up a new 120 case its just a little guy... but it pulls everything nice haha i have just finished my gooseneck flatbed for the most part an would love to find something like this!! you should let me know what you think of the gooseneck! im thinkin i mite have to go make me some hay bales to put on it tell i find a tractor haha

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...