Model Cars Magazine Forum

If one were to build a Rockford Files '74 Firebird replica... where would they start?

I've been watching Rockford Files on netflix the past few weeks and have really grown fond of that gold sleeper that Jim drives...

Can't find much in the way of 74-76 Firebirds though in kit form..

Any suggestions on where to start? Like what the base kit to get would be, and who (if anyone) makes resin conversion parts? I'm having trouble finding anything!

Thanks!

One of the Japanese kitmakers did a '74 Trans Am, which might be easier to find than an original MPC. Aoshima, maybe, or Otaki? I think mine says something about "American Violence" series on the box. I think I'll have to kitbash it with a Monogram '78 to get a decent model out of it.

Edited by Snake45

Any suggestions on where to start? Like what the base kit to get would be, and who (if anyone) makes resin conversion parts? I'm having trouble finding anything!

Start with the 1/25 MPC '74 annual kit, add the recent AMT '70 Camaro subframe/chassis/floorpan/suspension, and modify the interior as needed. For the Pontiac engine, the Revell '66 GTO or '68 Firebird 400 would work with some tweaks. The Rally II wheels, trim rings, and whiteline tires shouldn't be too hard to source, either. Buy the resin Firebird/Esprit hood from Missing Link.

TVP%20ROCKFORD%2074%20FIREBIRD%202.jpg