Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vintage Teardrop Trailer Dio

gasser59

I got the base done to where I'm satisfied with the varied colors. I mounted the trees and have been playing with the placement of the trailer, table, chair and fire ring. Then my grandson thought it was cool so he picked up the trailer and repositioned it after he snuck in the hobby room. I was lucky that he has gentle hands.

I also decided I didn't like the way the hinged 'lid' was held open with a pole all the way to the ground so I built a strut. Much better, now I need to make another for the other side.

Pictures at 11...

Ok, its not quite eleven so I'm a bit early. Here's the base with the trees in place. The trailer is right about the spot its going to be mounted permanently.

Scene1_zps47e3b155.jpg

And here's a picture of the strut. One more of those to go

Strut1_zps73c98234.jpg

I was hoping to get a bit more done this three day weekend but it was not to be. Thanks for your interest and comments welcome.

A bit done this weekend but not much. I made a wooden soda crate to be used as a step. Made from basswood and printing plate strips and hand lettered the label. Needs a bit more weathering especially on the bottom.

Crate2_zps9a0520c3.jpg

Crate1_zpscbc7a680.jpg

Progress is slow but its still progress. :D

That looks spectacular, Brad.

If the job I had an interview for (or one of the eight or nine I have active applications with) happens, I will be taking a personal day or two to come out and see this next April, along with all the other miniature wonders of the southwest.

Charlie Larkin

• 2 weeks later...

Brad entered this diomodel in our club's monthly contest (this month's theme was "Builder's Choice," where anything goes). There were 17 entries, but Brad's trailer and campsite won handily.

It's a masterpiece!

Chris - thanks for your interest. I'm just about done adding things. I need to finish off the base edges and call it done.

Danno - thanks for accolades. I love those Builder's Choice nights. LOL

Terry - thanks for following along.

• 1 year later...