Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Pontiac Grand Prix

Ron35369

This will be my first post on this forum. I thought I'd show the 69 Pontiac GP model SJ that I finished over Christmas vacation. I sprayed it with 96 Cadillac Medium Montana blue with a white vinyl top & navy blue & white interior. I used the factory Rally I wheels from the kit. It's basically built box stock. Hope you enjoy.

69PontiacGrandPrixfinished1.jpg

69PontiacGrandPrixfinished6.jpg

69PontiacGrandPrixfinished2.jpg

69PontiacGrandPrixfinished.jpg

69PontiacGrandPrixfinished5.jpg

69PontiacGrandPrixfinished4.jpg

69PontiacGrandPrixfinished7.jpg

69PontiacGrandPrixfinished8.jpg

Welp, ya sure do know how ta introduce yourself! THAT is a VERY nice kit! Didja save it, or were you lucky enough to be able to start with an unbuilt annual? I got two of these rascals, but they both need the front turn signals of all things! GREAT job on a GREAT model!

Wow, thank you for all the great comments! You've made me feel right at home. This was an unbuilt annual kit that I picked up off of Ebay a while back. It was 100% complete right down to the skiing equipment which I didn't use. It went together very easily with exception of the windshield whch had a bad tire burn in it. I used the Micro Mesh polishing kit to sand out the burn & then McGuires clear plastic polish to polish the glass & I had it looking near perfect when one final rub cracked the windshield in half. I used some thin sheet acetate to make a new windshield as well as the rear window as I broke it when I tried to cut it loose from the front glass. Just wasn't my day.

You know what I think by my profile pic. I'd owned it for over 20 years until I sold it back to the original owner last year. I love it. My favorite year Grand Prix period. I've owned several over the years. :wub:B)

Edited by Geno