Model Cars Magazine Forum

BMW 850i-Revell of Germany

simonr

This is the BMW 850i produced by Revell Germany on the early 90's as part of a series of hight detailed european models as some BMW's and Mercedes. My model was built for the 2005 XX GSL intended for the Box Stock class. It was curious that althogh it was well received there and feautured in severl car model publications, as Model Cars Magazine, an error from my part avoid the model to be placed in the right class. I forgot the instruction sheet at home and the model was placed in the hard Factory Stock class. As all you guys know, the instruction sheet is mandatory in this class.

The model was painted with a plasti-kote honda silver base, topped with House of Kolors candy apple red and lacquer Gunze Sangyo Super Clear II. As I told, the model was built Box Stock, but, I think this model it's so well made that it doesn't anything else to enhance it. It can be seen specially in the interior tub. I just applied a light wash in the chassis and some rust paint highlights.

gsl05_00177-1.jpg

gsl05_00178-1.jpg

DSC02770.jpg

DSC02772.jpg

DSC02773.jpg

DSC02781.jpg

DSC02783.jpg

DSC02784.jpg

DSC02863.jpg

Simon Rivera