Model Cars Magazine Forum

My new MPC Vega funny car

ratnasty

Hello guys I haven't built much because I was discusted with the bodies avaiable, The Revell car is just to big and the wrong wheelbase (120 in) and the MPC was too small and was 115 inch wheelbase . So I took a MPC made the deck lid longer like it should have been , stretcheched the body to 117 in wheelbase and widen the car 4mm get get the width right , and also put in a new set of rear wheel wells . So here it is in the rough stages .DSCI1579-vi.jpg

DSCI1580-vi.jpg

DSCI1581-vi.jpg

DSCI1582-vi.jpg

Chuck

The rear wheel wells came from a Bruce Larson Pro Stock Vega . 1 Larson Vega , Motown Shaker Vega , 1 Setzer Vega , and 1 Malco Vega Scrambler , is what I have used so far to recreate the body. I know all the collectors will be screaming when they find out what I cut up to do this project LOL

Chuck

Edited by ratnasty

Hi Terry I don't have the actual diamensions so I have to reference pics of front side and rear and side shot and size them to each other then use refernce points on the car bodies and different components such as tires , injectors and a scale calculator and reference as many things as I can reference together to get the size as close as I can with it also looking correct. So mine is not 100% correct but I'm trying to do everything I can to get it there and look correct.

Chuck

Edited by ratnasty

The rear wheel wells came from a Bruce Larson Pro Stock Vega . 1 Larson Vega , Motown Shaker Vega , 1 Setzer Vega , and 1 Malco Vega Scrambler , is what I have used so far to recreate the body. I know all the collectors will be screaming when they find out what I cut up to do this project LOL

Chuck

It's only plastic!!!!