Model Cars Magazine Forum

Question about '03 C5 R Vette that ran at Le Mans

So far nobody has done those decals. Hopefully someone will at some point.

Thanks for the quick reply even though it wasn't what I wanted to here. I think that car is so nice looking I would like to do a phantom C6 R in those colors. Thanks again.

I agree, Terry, it is my favorite paint scheme on the C5-R:

C5RLeM28.jpg

I like red, white and blue - it seems more logical than Belgian Racing Yellow for a USA car (although traditional white with blue trim is still my absolute favorite).

I have lots of reference photos (including some great "as raced" shots for the weathering buffs) of the 2003 Le Mans cars here:

http://palmeter.com/C5RLeMans2003.htm

Regards,

Although nobody is doing those decals as far as I know, that scheme should not be very hard to mask and paint using LeMans blue from Cobra Colors. Only the red may be a bit of a challenge. Decals can probably be combined between C6-R and C5-R kits. I would have to take a closer look.

Gee, Just what I needed: Another project idea. Thanks folks.... :D

By the way, only yellow C5-R and C6-R cars have won Le Mans. Is that what it takes to keep winning, keep 'em yellow! :D

Thanks,

I agree, Terry, it is my favorite paint scheme on the C5-R:

C5RLeM28.jpg

I like red, white and blue - it seems more logical than Belgian Racing Yellow for a USA car (although traditional white with blue trim is still my absolute favorite).

I have lots of reference photos (including some great "as raced" shots for the weathering buffs) of the 2003 Le Mans cars here:

http://palmeter.com/C5RLeMans2003.htm

Regards,

Thanks for the pics. I think I can do the decals, at least the majority of them. It won't be an exact replica but close enough for me.

Thanks for the pics. I think I can do the decals, at least the majority of them. It won't be an exact replica but close enough for me.

Glad to help, Terry. I have lots more higher res pix from Nashville that are not on the web page. Let me know if you need anything else.