Model Cars Magazine Forum

You know what's funny mate, i was in a toyworld store the other day and there on the shelf was a Kenworth truck and trailer with American flags coverring it. No offence intended to our US members, but the company that made this have got there minds off in space. Kenworth Trucks are manufactured in Australia using drivetrains imported from Dana and Eaton Fuller in the us. Therefore the Kenworth brand is Australian owned.

My source: Kenworth Sales team leader - Brisbane truck show.

G,day mate , umm kenworth have been making trucks in the states since about 1900's . While we were driving converted pommy trucks around the yanks were drivin kennys , petes and all the early stuff ,i think you need to track down the kenny salesman and smack him on the forehead ! :lol: Cheer's scummy.

You are partially right, though. Kenworth Australia trucks are manufactured in Australia, and not imported from the US. The global headquaters is in Kirkland, Washington, just outside of Seattle. Aren't the Australian Kenworths assembled in Victoria?

• 8 months later...

Aaron, hate to burst U'r bubble mate but Kenworth trucks actually come out of the U.S. and where orginally founded by Mr. Kent and Mr. Worthington hence the Kenworth name, yes we do have Aussie Kenworths namely the T models 609, 409, 403, 409SAR and especially the iconic 70's SAR that we all know and love, 359, 659, 909 plus the W200 and the C509 plus others that I've probably missed but to say that they are an Australian brand no mate sorry their not and Cossett is right they made at Bayswater in Victoria and have been for along time. I can remember hauling Kenny's out of Baywater 2 at a time back in the early to mid 70's so I think who ever told you that Kenworth is an Aussie brand better go on line and learn a bit about the product started by these two fine U.S. Gentleman.

Dingo B)

• 1 month later...

Aaron, hate to burst U'r bubble mate but Kenworth trucks actually come out of the U.S. and where orginally founded by Mr. Kent and Mr. Worthington hence the Kenworth name, yes we do have Aussie Kenworths namely the T models 609, 409, 403, 409SAR and especially the iconic 70's SAR that we all know and love, 359, 659, 909 plus the W200 and the C509 plus others that I've probably missed but to say that they are an Australian brand no mate sorry their not and Cossett is right they made at Bayswater in Victoria and have been for along time. I can remember hauling Kenny's out of Baywater 2 at a time back in the early to mid 70's so I think who ever told you that Kenworth is an Aussie brand better go on line and learn a bit about the product started by these two fine U.S. Gentleman.

Dingo B)

Got a question for you, back in the day, were the Kenny's shipped to Victoria partial built to be finished out to save on importing costs? Or were they built completely there?

• 2 weeks later...

UHH.. being in a trucking family since birth and all but 2 were kw's sorry mate, but Kenworth and Peterbilt for that matter are American built rigs, the name of the Corporation is called PACCAR, you may have an outsourced plant down under that makes parts or assembles but do you really think as greedy as our country has become with the big corporations they would be happy to ship semi trucks from the complete opposite side of the planet? We pay people in india to answer our dell customer service calls say "hello my name is Bobby, from ...can I help you,?" or better yet, I had to address an issue with direct....satellite svc, the broad was in thailand and could not understand the concept of what I was trying to tell her about .. anyways. you get the point. Sorry for babbling but ...have a great day all.