Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche 914/6 GT

afx

Cool! I've had that kit since I was 14 and still have it unbuilt and intact. Funny story, I lived in Germany and as an American the Revell kits were quite expensive in the local hobby shops, The equivalent of $10 US while kits were maybe $2.50 at home. I get back to the states, and what is the first kit I buy? The 914 kit that was available in Germany... only I couldn't resist it at a quarter of what I had lusted after it at in Germany.

And of course I haven't built it yet. believe I'm missing the windshield surround. I hope to built it fairly stock someday!

The early Revell kits have always been daunting to build, but especially for a kid. I preferred to build Monogram kits as a kid, Tom Daniel's kits in particular. They went together well and being molded in color meant no body painting(!). I just purchased another kit and plan to build it as a production 914/6. Maybe I can inspire you to build yours.

Not to detract from the Porsche, but where did you get the top, on the Cobra, in the background?

Jeff, That is Historic Racing Miniatures Le Man Hardtop Trans Kit. I did a thread on the build.  Here is the link

DSC08356-viDSC08390-vi

Edited by afx

Exellent project from the very beginning...when you plan to sell the copies?...As I think, it 'll be a full engine kit?

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Thanks Simone. The plan is for it to be a trans-kit with the engine and various other parts coming for Fujimi's '73 Porsche 911 RS Rally kit. If/when it becomes available I will let you know.

Great news, let me know when it's available. Being myself a big Porsche models fan, I'm seriously interesed on this one.

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Thanks Simone. The plan is for it to be a trans-kit with the engine and various other parts coming for Fujimi's '73 Porsche 911 RS Rally kit. If/when it becomes available I will let you know.

I'm paying close attention to your great build, but pausing to show Hyperlink. There's a weird looking icon about in the middle of the row above you typing area ... actually I belive it's supposed to be a chain ... it says "Link" when you pass th ecursor over it. You first go highlight and copy (ctrl c) the link from the page you want to link. Then highlite the text you wish to add th elink to and hit that Link icon. Just paste (ctrl v) the copied link into the box that pops up and hit OK.