Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jo-Han '72 Ford Torino NASCAR project

W-409

It's Jo-Han's model kit. Best one i've seen from Jo-Han. Body was allready painted by orange. I gonna paint underneath of the body, hood and rear panel by gloss black. I painted engine by blue and clear. I put some putty to seat's seam and fuel sell wich isn't ready yet. But anyway, here are a few pictures to you.

P1010001.jpg

I test fitted the grille:

P1010004.jpg

P1010018.jpg

P1010020.jpg

P1010023.jpg

Edited by W-409

• 2 months later...

So do you mean, davezinn that I have to change those valve covers...? This project had a little break, maybe I'll continue this on next week... But I have to look for those valve covers if I have to change them. Don't won't to build 427 engine with 429 valve covers! And this isn't going to be 100% real NASCAR, I build this to NASCAR yes but this is an imagine NASCAR. So don't have a real driver or number aren't correct ones. So what I'll do with the hood is this: I paint it just gloss black, add those decals and then a few coats of clear. Same as true to lower body.

• 3 months later...

It has been long long time without any updates... I think, I'm going to keep those 429 valve covers and make a new decals to the hood. Like "429 C.I" Then it's allright. I get slicks for this one too, had no pictures right now, but I hope, I can continue building quite soon. But now I'm working on '32 Ford to model car show, but after it's ready I continue this one...

cool project!

interestingly there is what appears to be a SOHC "Cammer" 427 engine with Boss 429 Valve covers? did you add the valve covers from another kit is is this how it comes from Johan?

Dave

So that explains the 427 C.I. decals on the hood.... I always wondered about that.

Right now I have a problem. I bought Nascar wheels and tires for this one, but they don't fit to this car... They are too wide. Now I have to find a new tires and wheels, because to get those wheels in, I should make new wheel wells and make big modifications to the frame also... Front suspension modifications and so on. That means that, I find other wheels and tires and put them to this. But I can't continue building before I get those new tires and wheels.

It's Jo-Han's model kit. Best one i've seen from Jo-Han. Body was allready painted by orange. I gonna paint underneath of the body, hood and rear panel by gloss black. I painted engine by blue and clear. I put some putty to seat's seam and fuel sell wich isn't ready yet. But anyway, here are a few pictures to you.

P1010001.jpg

I test fitted the grille:

P1010004.jpg

P1010018.jpg

P1010020.jpg

P1010023.jpg

sorry, is it just ME or are the pics gone? bummer....I really wanted to see it.

Sorry, but now I have reached somekind of limit in photobucket and no one can't see my pictures for a while. I think, you can see them again in the end of the month, when I get more space to photobucket. I just made another photobucket and I can post pictures from there now, but if I post these pictures again, I reach the limit again and then pictures are again like this. Sorry about this but I tried to do everything but now just have to wait...

• 2 months later...

Little update! I have finished spark plug wires few days ago. I made them from Scale Dreams' wire. Pretty good looking engine right now, I think. I also glued tire halves together, they didn't fit so well but maybe lots of sanding will help... Those Jo-Han tires are good ones to this. Thank you, Bill Coulter for the info, now I'm waiting when the correct hood arrives... I also built that front axle system a little, it looks pretty good so far, now it's time to move on to the rear axle. And yes, I drilled those four holes to carburetor (don't know, what's their name in enghlish), looks much more realistic.

P1070062.jpg

P1070063.jpg

P1070064.jpg

I painted also tire textes...

P1070065.jpg

P1070066.jpg

P1070067.jpg

Thank you, for looking, comments are welcome.

Yes, thanks Bart! I think I do like that, I got some info from Bill Coulter too, and now I think, I'm pretty sure about, what's the problem with thay engine. That's the easiest way and then make a new 429 C.I. decals to the hood. More about the hood, coming later today, now I haven't enough time for that.

Great thanks to Bill Coulter who sent me a hood for this Torino. It's now correct model and fits perfectly to the Jo-Han body. Here in the first picture you can see the original Jo-Han hood and hood, Bill sent me.

P1130132.jpg

P1130133.jpg

P1130134.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...