Model Cars Magazine Forum

Do you have a Unicorn subject?

Jonathan, some questions are best left unasked........................................

Unicorns and rainbows got me banned once, so now its kittens and sunshine.

B)

G

Dont forget about lollipops :lol: leave it to me to ask those question that should never be asked, trouble always knows where I at :o:D

Edited by martinfan5

i read the title, and my reaction was, "no, there's enough Eleanor models around..." .... and then i read the THREAD.... and the "unicorn" response. so, yep; i have a unicorn or two.... models that i built so poorly as a kid and then trashed... never to see another kit of. over the years, i've managed to bag a couple of them..... but a few still elude me. some were actually finished up rather nicely, and grew "old" on me, falling victim to ill-advised rebuilds which were anything but..... like a beauty of a JoHan Police Cruiser, done up to represent an Adam-12 unit when i was 16 or 17..... becoming who knows what after gracing a living room shelf for a year.

ahh.... unicorns. so delicious.

Lindbergh's Dodge Charger Police Car.

Oh what a miserable excuse for a "new tooled" kit. I am currently 3/4 through my second attempt to build this misfit, and am pushing myself to finish. The first is 99% done, and sitting, waiting, until I get the inspiration to complete it. Where this inspiration will come from I haven't a clue.

G

Lindbergh's Dodge Charger Police Car.

Oh what a miserable excuse for a "new tooled" kit. I am currently 3/4 through my second attempt to build this misfit, and am pushing myself to finish. The first is 99% done, and sitting, waiting, until I get the inspiration to complete it. Where this inspiration will come from I haven't a clue.

G

I love the charger kits, I never had problems with that I can remember, sorry you are having problems with it, how about the getting it finished to feel good that you were able to over come the problems its been giving you

Guest Johnny

I had a unicorn once ...

:mellow:

And what did you , oh wait I dont want to know :lol::P;):o

I thought I saw it somewhere around here earlier, but could have been mistaken! :huh:

...or postage is 53$ (btw, a realistic postage fee for one kit from the US to England is around 13$),

Christian - I have the same problem. It's down to the sellers taking the easy option and just quoting the USPS price. Try contacting them and asking them if they are willing to use a cheaper & slower service without tracking (tracking is useless anyway after the shipment hits customs entering a new country).

Guest Darkside Customs

Mine would have to be the 70 Impala kit... Everything fits right in the beginning, but somehow after paint things don't seem to fit the same... Gap in the hood, the rear bumper filler doesn't seem to wanna fit right...

I am currently building a Ferrari 458 that I have done the engine cover glass outline in black two times now with terrible results.First time with sharpie, the trouble is they're not really a dark black, and trying to cover the first pass with a second coat resulted in a crappy finish. Stripped off the sharpie, taped the glass and painted black, glued to frame using Kristal Klear and got white (or clear) spots where the paint lifted. Stripped paint last night, going to tape and paint again and use a clear coat over the black before installing the glass. If the third time isn't a charm I may be forced to scream!

• 9 months later...

I cant seem to find a early 80's GMC 4x4, I think its a reissue of the Fall Guy truck, or a Cat bulldozer. I ve been looking for about two or three years. I have seen them on Ebay but I dont do the bay. Ive been to swap meets and have checked a few hobby shops that buy, sell and trade older kits with no luck. I know I will find them sooner or later, but I can use them as an excuse to keep going to all the swap meets.

I cant seem to find a early 80's GMC 4x4, I think its a reissue of the Fall Guy truck, or a Cat bulldozer. I ve been looking for about two or three years. I have seen them on Ebay but I dont do the bay. Ive been to swap meets and have checked a few hobby shops that buy, sell and trade older kits with no luck. I know I will find them sooner or later, but I can use them as an excuse to keep going to all the swap meets.
ive builf six of these trucks i got them from a friend who didnt like them

Nissan Skylines. The Calsonic R33 took me five months, and as soon as I was finished parts started falling off. The Fujimi 350GT would have been a fun build, but my apt was robbed, including my paint and tools. I took a break from building after that. And I swore off Skylines.