Model Cars Magazine Forum

SN95 build thread (in conjunction with the FOX thread)

whale392

Got my diecast '94 GT Ragtop in from eBay today (I'll try and shoot/posta pic later). It's in NIB condition,but man those things were a bit...not well assembled,LOL! I may yet go ahead and pull it's wheels for the replica I want to build of my 1:1...then again,I may not,may find another one that isn't the same color as my real one,LOL! I WILL get one started this weekend (barring major unforseens) :)

Edit: Here's pics :D

IMG_3342-2.jpg

IMG_3345-2.jpg

Edited by Olskoolrodder

I'm finally getting to the bench and getting a couple started (Both Monogram 1:25 kits). I gots the '94 Cobra/Indy Pace Car ragtop and GT hardtop kits,and I'm converting them to a GT ragtop (like my 1:1) and a Cobra hardtop. The most noticable differences are the bumpers,wheels,and certain engine bits,so I've been doing a bit of bodywork today. So far,I've only got the front bumpers swapped and fender emblems sanded off. Here's some pics...

Before and after...

IMG_3350.jpg

IMG_3363.jpg

IMG_3365.jpgI'll try and get the rear bumpers swapped today too,kids permitting,LOL!IMG_3349.jpg

Yeah,get em going! :D

I haven't done anything more to mine since last post...been going round n round with the shop that butchered my 1:1 and the parts store that sold me bad parts (but won't honor the extra labor I have to pay because of their bad parts) all week...sigh. :wacko: HOPE to get some done this week coming though (no work tomorrow probably,wife's birthday :P )

Edited by Olskoolrodder

• 2 weeks later...

These, and the ever-interfering work schedule, are the reason it takes ME so long to build anything. I would rather enjoy the time outside while I can, before winters Icy chill sentences me to a prison stay of doldrums locked in the house. Sadly, I don't have too many friends here in Ohio, so that isn't too much of a distraction (except for when the ones I do want to go yank a motor from a salvage yard or go shooting...sometimes both in the same day,I AM IN!). I was in Toledo yesterday for the NNL/Toy Show, so while no building was done, I did gather some more stash materials!

Whenever more is done, you have a place to show it (and people looking out for it!).