Model Cars Magazine Forum

Diamond Reo Conv.

Hey guys i got pics im uploading as of now but im working on my DR kit and even though i have no idea about paint and etc... im at least getting things assembled and will have pics here in a bit ...i would like to find another set of wheels for this truck...for the rear drives are planned on another build and the front steers i dont care for all that much and would love to find a set of buds for it if anyone has a spare set?...on to the build pics....(come here in a bit for im uploading as of now!)

Edit: Here is the wip start pic!

DSCI1997_zpse4c1720d.jpg

The rest which is just pics of the tree's them selves can be found below vvvv

http://s186.beta.photobucket.com/user/brady_381/library/Diamond%20Reo

Comments & Criticism welcomed!

Edited by bandit1

Nice to see a diamond comin to life, I love hose old trucks!

Yeah i got talkin' to a guy last night said that these old diamond reo's and such would run till you put them in the ground and then keep on running!...while the pete's/kw.etc...all were complete junk....lol

I've got a 1970 diamond that was my dads truck, I grew up in that ol girl. Anyways he parked it 15 years ago we still have it, it Sets at the shop. I'm hopin to restore it. 400 small cam cummins. She was a runner.

You gotta get me pics of it!?...I just love seeing these old trucks B)

• 2 weeks later...

Building one of these now...did not have problems with rear suspension. How ever I do have a problem with the back of the front fenders fouling with the battery boxes when you open or close. Bottom edge overlaps almost 1/16th of an inch. Thinking probably a spacer between grille and hood mounts.

I will have to take some, it's at our scrapyard shop but since I got a different job I don't get over that way as much as I'd like. I'll see if my brother can snap a few n send me.

Thanks!...

Update:

Trying to figure out how much i should add to the frame to extend it for more "Appealing to the Eyes" look!?

DSCI2025_zps724849af.jpg

Comments and Criticizm welcomed! :lol:

• 5 months later...

Sean glad to see you back on the DImond REO Have you decided on you paint yet.

I think i figured out a couple paint jobs i can do ... :D

I love these old trucks! I have another set of outside buds. You got a pm!

???...Havent seen or heard nothing or even have any chris? :(