Model Cars Magazine Forum

Police, Fire, Rescue CBP

Janne Herajärvi

Just chiming in, its been awhile but the 1948 Ford I was doing for this has passed on during my move. Sadly while I was very protective of my modelling bench, one of the movers got ahold of it and put it in with some heavy stuff. It suffered major damage, so it has been taken off of life support and parts that could be salvaged are being donated. :(

Hi Guys,

While I have been a member on this site for a while, I just stumbled upon this community build! Boy, was I excited to see this AND read it's conent to date. While I have posted other projects elsewhere on the MCM Forum, I will also post this new project here. If nothing else, it is different...

. I began me EMS career as a volunteer with the Palmyra, (NJ) Ambulance Association. They were founded back in 1921, and are reportedly the oldest emergency squad in continuous service in the country. History aside, their first vehicle was depicted on the 75th Anniversary t-shirts

2012-12-03_14-53-55_999-1.jpg

Now I am not an expert on early vehicles, but had picked up this kit at the NNL East a few years ago with this project in mind.

2012-12-10_22-37-13_775.jpg

I knew that there would need to be some modifications to the kit, as this is what the kit side looks like:

PalmyraAmb_02.jpg

The box art conveniently shows a side view of the stock kit. I took some blank index card stock, cut it to shape and mocked up some of the changes that would be required:

2012-12-03_14-53-05_406.jpg

I have made additional progress and will post an update shortly.

All comments and feedback are appreciated. Thanks for looking!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Well I'll give it a defib zap!

The Revell/AMT Expedition in psuedo LAPD scheme

post-13341-0-35209700-1403704172_thumb.j

The AMT 70 Ford and the Lindberg CV depicting the change in a local townships changes in the police department vehicles

post-13341-0-27495700-1403704334_thumb.j

post-13341-0-76792900-1403704378_thumb.j

The Welly Chevy Tahoe with Bill Bozo decals

post-13341-0-15202300-1403704494.jpg

greg