Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '32 Five Window Finished! Think Purple!

Don Banes

What color purple is that? That is one of the sweetest 32's I've seen built so far! Is that intake setup from the kit or did you take it from another kit? That build is simply amazing!!!! ;):lol:

The paint is Tamiya rattle can "lavender" (purple) over a black base coat. Application was half rattle can and half airbrush.

The entire flathead engine is from Revell's '32 sedan kit, including the intake manifold and carbs. The "horn" type air cleaners on top of the carbs are from an old Revell die cast kt of the AG '32 five window coupe.

I'm glad you like it, and thanks for looking!

It was a bunch of fun to build!

very nice! love the color. what did you use for the interior detailing on the seats and door panels? it looks awesome.

The interior is out of the box from Revell. Entirely. But I did use Scale Motorsports "boomerang" pattern clear decal sheet over the pleated portions of the door panels and seat for a little visual distraction.

Thanks for the nice compliments about my build. Always appreciated.

WOW!! Is that the Tamiya purple?

I built a 32 highboy roadster the same color a few years ago. It was so bright that I didn't need to turn on the light in my display case to see it!! :lol:

Thanks for sharing,

It is Tamiya purple, although they call it lavender. I wanted something a little darker for purple, so I applied it over Tamiya's matte black.

Bee-oo-tiful paint. Great stripes and detailing. Superb build alll round!

Thanks GBK! You asked about the graphics on my '32 on another forum. The fine pinstripe decals are from "The Last Detail", and they are no longer in business. I did hear that someone else picked up their line, but I have no idea who it is.

The trunk pinstriping art is from Microscale's line of Pinewood Racer, waterslide decals. These are fairly new (within four months), and I think the part number is PD-51. I clear coated the deck lid to seal the graphic, but the rest of the model has no clear on it.

Airbrushing is the absoulute best way to go, IF you have the proper equipment. I do (finally and fortunately).

Edited by Don Banes