Model Cars Magazine Forum

What do you Drive?

That's some big toys, for sure. What was the tractor? Looks too big for a 777, maybe a 787 or 797?

Haven't you ever heard the old saying "Little boys never grow up, they just get a bigger sandbox!" LOL

My 2001 CX-613 100th anniversary edition,bought new and now has a little over a million miles on it!..............................................Mark

That thing is NICE.....One of my favorite rigs out there.....She is a BEAUTY.....

Edited by kilrathy10

Thank you JT! my ol'girl is my pride and joy,i'm very "anal" about clean and neat! Lol! here are a couple of my other trucks, 1988 Mack MH I bought new,and the 1995 CH that replaced it,also bought new..............................Mark

Dude, both of those were cool looking rigs.....Especially that cabover.....Wow....That is a cool truck.....Which do you prefer and do you ever wonder who's driving them, now?? Or do you know??

And that's a pretty cool looking emergency vehicle, Aaron.....Man, that's cool...

Edited by kilrathy10

Thanks again JT! the cabover was my first brand new truck,so it will always have a special place with me,i sold it to a friend of mine in Jersey who used it for up till about 2000 hauling locally. Same guy bought the CH conventional,took the sleeper off and pulled a dump trailer with it for quite a few years after I had it. Both are long gone now,but I have good memories of both truck. I still miss the cabover today! some of the places I go to are NOT made for a "hood" Lol! (I deliver LTL furniture specializing in the Northeast) I go to some TERRIBLE places to back into! I spent 22 years leased to Atlas Van Lines,starting in household goods,then eventually transferred to Electronics/Trades show division. I thought you guys might get a kick out of this picture,the one and only surviving picture of my very first truck,my 1976 Mack F-Model,i bought when I was 16! I had a driver in it till I was old enough to drive myself,started working for my Dad and Grandfather running locally,hauling farm produce apples/peaches and freight in the winter......................Mark

post-9862-0-43212400-1421888579_thumb.jp

How about that?? Why you were just the little entrepreneur weren't you.....That is an awesome pic....Great you were able to watch them for a little while.....I can only imagine what you have to do to get a truck into some places.....I see guys all the time having to block the road to get them in......Always a treat to watch, though.....There are some really good drivers out there, for sure.....And that sounds like a pretty good gig with Atlas and all.....

I've seen guys try to back into our loading dock with their mirrors out of adjustment, and they are green faced and sweating from sawing on that wheel trying to keep it straight backing up. back and forth, back and forth.... made me seasick just watching him. :lol: