Model Cars Magazine Forum

Luzie - My first car (Citroen 2CV6)

carsntrucks4you

• 2 weeks later...

very cool, i like the driver too. its a real pain sometimes to get them to look real and in a realistic position. i made a diorama with three microcars (from memory, a honda s800, a subaru s600 and a toyota s800) on a racetrack so of course they needed drivers. i felt like a mad doctor performing surgery on those poor guys, but in the end they all fit well and looked good. im not sure but i think a couple of those cars ended up in model car mag from NNL west 04 or 05 but you cant really see the interiors in the photos.

I think figures are the focus point of a model or a diorama. I don't like models or dioramas where glossy painted figures with no details are show. Some very good car modellers destroy an excellent build model with a figure that looks so poor. In that case it is better to display only the model.

This figure was one of miy first. In my club are also figure painters. They teach my a lot about figure painting . It is a class of its own.

well carsntrucks4u (your name is michael? i will assume), what you say about figures is true though in my case while i do dull coat them i usually see them as not the focal point but instead sort of like a mannequin, to stand in for a real person. i usually dont really detail my figures but instead do just a little detailing and leave the rest to the imagination...for instance i typically dont put in extensive facial features, just suggestions of them. i enjoy building cars not people but when the situation calls for people (race cars on the track and other dioramas like that) i think you cannnot avoid making them look at least a little realistic. but i think you would probably laugh at my attempts to detail them!

anyway later this evening i might shoot the diorama i was mentioning and post some pics so you will see what i mean about my "technique", if you want to be charitable enough to call it that!

again, way cool citroen and display there...i just wish i could do as well.