Model Cars Magazine Forum

91 F350 DUALLY "1613 AUTOWORKS" CARHAULER

ok, so you guys will probably think i am nuts starting yet another project, but this is how i work. i start a bunch of projects, and eventually they will all get finished......well maybe not all. ha!

i have had this project in mind for a long time, and this kit has been sitting here for at least 6 years, well i should say kits, this will be the "1613 Autoworks" (my ficticious speedshop) car hauler. im using the monogram ford f350 dually kit, and a galaxie fifth wheel trailer.

i started out wirh the engine, i removed the oil filter, and made one from brass, along with the breather and filler caps in the valve covers.

777007.jpg

heres the filter

777005.jpg

painted the engine ford gray, i drilled it out for tranny lines, speed sensor, oil pressure sensor, plug wires, ect,ect......i went a little overboard.

91f004.jpg

plumb002.jpg

i removed the mold lines from the rear of the cab while i was waiting for stuff to dry......there were hardly any mold lines, and no flash to be found on this kit, very nice....

cab002.jpg

the rest of the truck will get equal detailing as well, i plan on doing brake lines, fuel lines....ect.

so now that you know i am nuts, because i have started yet another project, thanks for lookin. lemme know what you think.

cheers

bryan

Edited by bryan_m

thanks guys! yea hopefully this one will get finished all in one shot..... ha!

belts are such a pain in the butt to paint! i usually chop em up, and make belts from rubber bands, but this one just has too many accessories.

ford44001.jpg

and one more shot of the engine for tonite......

ford44004.jpg

thats about it for me guys, tune in tomorrow for more!

cheers

bryan

Looks like you have a good start on it Brian. I have one of these kits in the "to do someday" pile. For some reason, I've always had it in my mind to convert it into a regular cab. I done it to the F250 Supercab and it's an easy conversion.

thanks guys! yea hopefully this one will get finished all in one shot..... ha!

belts are such a pain in the butt to paint! i usually chop em up, and make belts from rubber bands, but this one just has too many accessories.

ford44001.jpg

and one more shot of the engine for tonite......

ford44004.jpg

thats about it for me guys, tune in tomorrow for more!

cheers

bryan

Here I am 2 days later and no updates....I feel ripped off! :P Just kidding, that is coming along nicely and if the rest of it is detailed like the engine, it will be a very nice model!

just a litle note, i decided to use a different a/c compressor, and power steering pump. they came from the 59 caddy kit......in case you guys were wondering.

i just thought the kits ones lacked detail, especially the compressor, and the p/s pump was way too thin.

cheers

bryan

its been a while since i have built and engine that hasnt been weathered (severely) its nice to build a clean powerplant for change, it will get a very light black wash, just to bring out some of the details here and there.....

more to come!

bryan

my engines usually look like this.........

ford louisville hauler engine........i spent 2 weeks bending wiring and pouring over reference photos for this one. i think its one of my best!

eng55001.jpg

eng55002.jpg

eng55003.jpg

heres the engine from the model king 71 chevy blazer, another heavily detailed/weathered one from my twisted mind...

eng55004.jpg

eng55006.jpg

thanks for lookin guys, lemme know what you think....

cheers

bryan

except for the upper intake plenum and throttle body the engine is done.. i have to do some work on the plenum, it didnt line up very nice so im waiting for putty to dry....

heres a few shots of what i have so far........everything fits nice, and that really makes me happy. i usually have to fight with something to make it fit! LOL

eng66001.jpg

eng66002.jpg

and a couple shots of the underside, i like how the tranny lines and wiring look.

eng66003.jpg

eng66004.jpg

thats about it for me tonite fellas, lemme know what you think, thanks for lookin!

cheers

bryan

ok, so you guys will probably think i am nuts starting yet another project, but this is how i work. i start a bunch of projects, and eventually they will all get finished......well maybe not all. ha!

cheers

bryan

Hi Bryan,

I know what you mean! I began one of these kits back when it was released, to build into my fire company's brush truck. It was a regular cab, 4x4 that required a lot of modification. Also like you, the detail just "has to be right"! Cab shortening went well, as did painting duplicolor Cardinal Red. Got stuck on building all of the components, and am still not happy with the chassis after multiple attempts... Don't have any pictures on line of the progress anywhere... Look forward to seeing this one progress! The detailing is great! Also working on our sister station's '92 brush truck and department's '92 Bronco Chief's vehicle... So many projects - so little time... :)