Model Cars Magazine Forum

1958 FORD - MODELHAUS RESIN KIT - FINISHED

Ramfins59

Richard.........Very Very Nice!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so very much John... That's a great compliment coming from a builder of your caliber.

P.S. ready to go cruising with you....

59Edsel_72dpi-vi.jpg

Not intending to steal this thread.... btw. I simply love the year '58.

Thanks a lot Jairus. I wholeheartedly agree on loving '58. I'm going to try to build all the 1958 cars that I can.

and thank you also Alan, Derrick, Derick, Adam and Sam. All your encouraging words really mean a lot.

The 58 Fairlane , in my opinion, is one of the prettiest Fords ever built. The body was very similar to the 57, but with enough changes that it really was a stand out! You did a fantastic job on this period perfect piece Rich! Right down to the blue dots in the tail lights that no one else has commented on. I can't wait to get one of these myself. Ol' J.C. Whitney would be proud.

ps. Did I mention that I love your color choice? Can I bring my 58 to cruise with you? :)

58Edselfinished9.jpg

Edited by Ron35369

that looks super and i dig the idea of everything out of the jc witney catalogue that i used to get all the time back in the 60s!

one thing though, when i have seen curb feelers, they have both been on the right side, one in front, one in back, usually right in back of the rear wheel opening, but both on the right side. thats so when you are parallel parking you hear the curb feeler scrape the curb back there before your bodywork hits the curb, whereas the front ones are for when you nose into a curb. looks good with them both on the front because they are symetrical that way but i think i real life both are on the same, curb, side.

i used to love building the "kustom" version of 3 in 1 kits back in my youth and pile on all the accessories, yours bring me back to those days!

Edited by jbwelda

Thanks very much Charlie, JB, Randy and Nathan. Yeah Ron, you can join Ron H., Jairus and I for a cruise anytime. BTW Ron, the Edsel is next on my list of '58 cars to build, but first I've got to get back to finishing up the '36 HiBoy that has been on hold since I started this Ford.