Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Moebius Ford Pick-ups 1971 Ranger XLT AND 1969 Custom SWB

SteveG

Guys are still trying to milk 1-200 bucks out of the original sealed kits in that series. Hilarious. All you're getting for that extra 75-150 bucks is a grill, basically, and box art if you're desperate for that.

mike

I email Mobius and asked

I have been reading, on some Model Car Magazine Forums, that Moebius will be releasing a late Model Ford Pick Up truck in 1/24 or 1/25 model scale. Am I, too bold in asking if this is true, and if so, how soon before I proudly give you my money to have one.

Just a little eager

"There response"

We are working on a 71' Ranger, it will be out later this year, that is about all the info that is available regarding it right now.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping Dave's hoping to have them for NNL East (4/26/14). Model King usually has a big vendor area at that show. Fingers crossed!

Now I see that Moebius Models will also have a booth at NNL East! Could this be the debut? Fingers stuck in crossed position.

Any updates, Dave?

Now I see that Moebius Models will also have a booth at NNL East! Could this be the debut? Fingers stuck in crossed position.

Any updates, Dave?

That would be awesome if they were. Maybe I should cash in some air miles and fly up??????

I will confirm that Moebius will be at NNL East. I've been in touch with Dave Metzner and they will have a two table display. He hasn't shared any secrets with me, but I don't believe the kits will be available at the show. A little bird tells me they'll be on open water at that time.

Revell will also be at the show with a three table display. Ed Sexton will attend.

We also had Round 2 coming, but sadly John Greczula emailed on Thursday that they regret that the logistics won't work for them this year.

Sad because this would have been the first year we would have had all three major manufacturers in the house!

Generally the manufacturers don't sell kits, they just do corporate displays and talk to folks.

There will be a 4WD version of this kit, eventually.

I wonder how quickly the different versions will follow the initial release? Weeks, months, years?

I wasn't paying attention to the Hudson releases, so I have no idea how Moebius does it.

I wonder how quickly the different versions will follow the initial release? Weeks, months, years?

I wasn't paying attention to the Hudson releases, so I have no idea how Moebius does it.

Some pictures were leaked that showed this series of kits with a 4wd set up. It hasn't been said when they will have the 4wd version out, but considering they already have it tooled up, I would say it will be months.

Well if you figure there are 5 variations of this kit, and we know for sure what the first two are, I imagine those final three (presuming no further Model King involvement) will probably get spread across a good 18-24 months. Moebius has the two new car kits to issue as well, so I don't expect they'd necessarily express issue out all of the truck kits in the first 12 months. Between the Pontiac, the Comet, and 5 variations of this truck tooling they've got kit releases for two years (and that presumes no Model King involvement with the two car kits) without actually having to do any NEW new kits. Perhaps they'll pivot back to another large truck kit since the Automotive side of things is "planned out" for awhile.

Just noticed on the Tower Hobbies website that this kit is now shown as being "late Jul", sure hope that is an error. I know they don't always run current with other outlets as far as release dates, maybe we will know more after the NNL East.

• 3 weeks later...