Model Cars Magazine Forum

Please stop taking pictures under sun w/ metallic paints

meaneyme

The idea is not to create controversy, definitely not the intention here, I myself am not the greatest model builder but it is pretty basic to see that a metallic paint under the sun at this scale looks pretty bad. Compare pictures under a cloudy day vs a sunny day and you will see how much better the ones under the cloudy days will look.

I have to agree with Kevin, no way a car at this scale looks better under the sun, Metallics at this scale will always be too big. You can always try a really sunny day but you must always defuse the light enough so that metallics may look right.

"Attention Attention! Everyone stop buying metallic model paint ! If the sun just happens to hit it, it will look awful! That is all!"

You should get a job with a paint company in the marketing department.

Flats ARE the new Metallic you know! :huh:

BTW the Enzo is my 11 year old daughter's pride. First model she built.

Edited by Kennyboy

Come on brother, just because she chose the color doesn't mean she painted it and built it, that one ain't gonna fly. It's good to have a daddy that can build.....

Oh really!

My daughter has been painting and attending art classes every Saturday since she was 7. Also, she was taught by me (over 24 years experience painting and airbrushing ) how to use an airbrush. I gave her one of my five remaining brushes.

All this talk from you but have yet to see anything from YOU. I put up one of mine and one of hers.....where are YOUR'S?? If you are going to start something like this, back it up or keep quiet!

STOP POSTING FUZZY PICTURES!!! Especially if they are taken with a digital camera! You can take pics until the battery dies!!!

Exactly!

Kennyboy: Congrats to your daughter for that result - it looks great! Hope she sticks to the hobby, she seems to be doing good and has a good teacher ;)

Well guys I have seen several photos of builds right here on this forum that were taken inside under light that looked the same way the flakes were way out of scale, but with all the paints that we as modelers use a big portion of them are not intended for modeling use anyway they are 1:1 automotive paints so they are not going to be in scale, and even some of the modeling paints don't look scale to me, as a matter of fact I just finished a 55 corvette that will be posted soon and was painted with testors one coat, and there have been no photos taken of it yet and the flakes look out of scale to me just sitting on my workbench. Unfortunately we are not all going to please everyone all the time anyway, and I thought that this forum was supposed to be where we could enjoy this hobby and to enjoy each others builds with constructive criticism, not pissing matches. BTW a little whinning is not going to stop anyone from taking photos outside in the sun whether anyone likes it or they don't, personally this really doesn't bother me, I look at the quality of the paint job itself, but I very seldom comment in a negative way anyway. We all can't be professional photographers or painters or paint experts, so since we are supposed to be big boys and girls here. So (IMO) the best thing to do is to just freakin get over it or don't view the pics!!!!! :blink::rolleyes: