Model Cars Magazine Forum

'62 Impala Super Stocker. -Finished-

W-409

Thanks guys for the nice words! They are really appreciated. :D

Chris: Yes, the white high spots are Pipings. Just didn't know how I could say it in English. :wacko:

And the idea for the Red interior came from Matti's '62 Impala, it looked so good that I had to try my hand at it too. Today I'm planning of doing some BMF work with the Door Panels, and probably getting the seat installed with the seatbelts too.

Thanks so much Bill and Ron! It means a lot.

I got the Door Panels finished tonight. They are painted red of course, some BMF, detail painting and those little Decals from the kit made them look like they are now. Next I will move on to the Dashboard and Steering Wheel & Column and then I should have the interior completed soon. We have Custom Culture Show here in Finland 16th & 17th of February, I can't get this one finished there, but luckily I do have quite a few Pre'65 Drag Cars on my shelf.

2bf1a3cf-b8d7-4d06-a939-7676e68ebf93_zps

17443332-0d63-4696-a0af-ad4a45774d82_zps

Thanx For Looking!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Carl, Bill and Matti! And I'd really like to see one of these from Matti's bench, too. It is truly amazing kit and your previous '62 Impala turned out really nice too. And what you say about the '62 Chevys, is true. You have pretty much of them already :lol: .

I just got home from Sweden. I had to visit in Harambee Hobby, and walked out with Revell '63 Impala SS on my hands. Well it's clear that I will make one Z11 Impala with 427 W-Block. All I need is Sox & Martin Impala decal sheet from Slixx Decals and one of AMT '62 Impala Super Stockers. B)

This build is waiting for clearcoat, let's see if I can make it today.

Edited by W-409

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well I finally got the Dashboard detailed. The decals are from the kit, and then I did some detail painting and black washing to make it look more realistic. It still needs of course a Steering Wheel and Steering Column, but also a Tachometer. I will get back to the body soon.

DSCN3031_zps06e4cb7a.jpg

DSCN3033_zpsd7229b7a.jpg

Thanks Kerry, Brett, Jim and Chris! All of the nice words are appreciated. :)

I got the interior pretty much done. I started by painting the Steering Wheel and steering column white. Then I Detail-painted the Steering wheel with silver and black and painted the Turn signal switch on the Steering Column too. Also I completed the Seat Belts. That joint in the middle is made from sheet styrene. Shifter is glued on, but I had a little problems with the decal on it. I still need to do some adjustments to get it fit. Then I just installed everything together and this is how it looks. Still I need to add Tachometer, but otherwise the interior is pretty much done.

DSCN3318_zps36eace3d.jpg

DSCN3319_zpsc7947215.jpg

DSCN3322_zps189981a6.jpg

DSCN3325_zpsdede2ecf.jpg

DSCN3330_zpsf415ceda.jpg

And one more:

DSCN3333_zpsb61cdedc.jpg

Thanks Leo, Bernard and Rob! I really appreciate the kind words. B)

Revell has made excellent job on this kit. I have found no bigger fit issues so far, and parts are very nicely detailed. That makes builder's job much easier, and I'm having a lot of fun with this kit. Maybe that means that I need to get another one at some point. :lol: Or then I'll just buy the AMT '62 Bel Air Super Stocker as a donor kit for building Ronnie Sox's '63 Impala Z11 Super Stock.