Model Cars Magazine Forum

1941 Ford Woody

pa3de8

Hey all,

Figured I'd start my first thread since I am a newbie here. I am looking forward to following plenty of threads here seeing your porjects evolve. Always enjoy learning from others. Been a long time since I have built anything, took a very long hiatus from the hobby and like I have in my life, I am now starting over. My first auto project is going to be an AMT 1941 Ford Woody. I will upload some photos as soon as I can take a few. I do enjoy building military models, dioramas and vignettes.

Scott

Good Morning Charlie,

If I can figure out what my problem is with uploading the photos this morning I will get some posted.

1. Open an account with one of the photo-hosting sites. I use Photobucket because they'll let you store lots of pictures for free.

2. Organize said account to your liking.

3. As you go through the pictures, you'll see on the side or below the picture, a box with several types of links. Select %7Boption%7D links and copy them.

4. Paste those links into the messages here and post. The pictures should come up.

5. Worst case if it isn't working, you can always post direct links from the address bar on the top of your browser.

Charlie Larkin

You can do that, Scott, but it's royal pain, at least when I tried it. I find Photobucket works much easier, and for the price, you can't go too wrong, and you'll literally store thousands of pictures. It's also a good backup to your computer in case of problems. The albums can also be set to public or private. I have an album for my model building, one for pictures I take around town and whatever, and a private one I use to back up pictures on hard-disk.

Charlie Larkin

It is NOT a pain to upload pictures here directly from your computer. It couldn't be easier.

Upload directly from your computer to your post as an e-mail style attachment, available under "Start New Topic" -- or under "More Reply Options" when replying to an existing post.

I am racking my brain over which color to paint the body. Having fun with the kit as we speak!

Skip, I tried several times this morning and everytime I attempted to upload a photo it registered as an error. So not sure what you're talking about. Just relaying my experience with it.

Well, I just spent about 30 minutes writing down the process and the site dumped everything. All I can say is, if you're adding an image to a thread directly from your computer, use "More Reply Options," and look at all the prompts at the bottom of the reply box where it says "Attach Files." Click on Choose Files and follow everything as the screen changes. Same goes if you're starting a new topic, which includes the same attachment buttons.

It could be a bit more intuitive than it is, but it's up to the site administrators to post a tutorial on this process and not me.

Edited by sjordan2

Managed to get some engine work done yesterday while watching the race. I will take a respectable 2nd place finish for Jr. If he made his move one lap earlier I think he had enough to get past Johnson but 2nd it is.

Anyway, I managed to start my 70 Chevelle engine and the Revell Paddy Wagon engine as well.