Model Cars Magazine Forum

ok I posted my truck as #6 so this truck will be #7 this is my grandfathers other truck, he bought it in '85 after he realized his S10 wasn't gonna cut it for work, this was ordered by a company to be a wrecker, it's a 3500 Silverado single wheel stepside, they were going to put the boom in the bed, but they deceided to just order a Wrecker package from GM instead so my grandfather bought her at 6 months old.

Right now she's getting new paint, and a new bed floor.

FILE0649.jpg

FILE0648.jpg

FILE0647.jpg

FILE0646.jpg

FILE0645.jpg

FILE0650.jpg

FILE0651.jpg

FILE0652.jpg

FILE0653.jpg

that's a massive rear spring pack :huh: probably rides a bit on the "stiff" side.

hate me for saying it but it looks like a decent start for a slammed street truck. i'd put that truck on the ground on some air suspension and swap some 4 wheels discs onto it with 5-lug. it could be alot of fun with the small block built up and the 4 speed, although that granny gear low 1st would probably be about useless. maybe some 3 series gears in the rear axle would make it more tolerable.

Dave

It's a 1 ton single wheel that was ordered to be a tow truck, the garage deceided they'd trade it in for a wrecker package truck you could get from GM at the time, which was a good choice on there part after all this truck dosen't have any of the light hook ups or electrical wiring.

it would be good for that I guess, but for now she still has to work for her keep.