Model Cars Magazine Forum

hello,

and thanks man

bit of stuff done,

its got a working kick stand now, not sure why it needs it but it's kinda fun.

here is it down,

DSCN2656.jpg

and up, also got the air box in there right now, still needs some bolts.

DSCN2657.jpg

got the baddery started hopfuly the owners japenes cause i sure can't read that.

any way its stock, with some photoeched that will concet to wires later.

DSCN2658.jpg

with refrence i went to the manga cousin the honda monkey, though i got no refrence because they use a difrent electrical harnes i did find these crazy modifyed ones. kinda fun and what im going for, except these are all aftermarket, the plan behind mine is that with sales plumting in america honda made a more sporty verson, hopeing to brand it as a hight performace bike, the changed the stance bored out the engine, added a oil cooler, and added funky colors wiht stickers, i dont think this would ever happen but its decent story to explane this thing,

heres one of the moded ones.

130117C_C.jpg

and the oil cooler that i'm working on now.

130138_2.jpg

thanks for looking and your coments are aprecateded.

hello everyone.

i made a fiber glass fender.

if you rember i showded this pic

DSCN2529.jpg

well it wasn't to add more detail i was trying to make a new fender, which tunded out ok, its by no means perfect but i already got another 2 made,

DSCN2659.jpg

i'm kinda cheap so i tryed to make it a difrent way, istead of resin i used non water solable wood glue, and instead of fiberglass i used toliet paper.

thanks

hi,

made a exuast system.

some of the stock plastic, modifyed with some brass tubes. but i still need to add the vibration damper springs.

DSCN2666.jpg

went for a relley used look not sure it it worked? what do ya think

thanks for looking.

Edited by Hippie

hello

not much progress its finnals :(

but got some done.

baddire, ingition box, and some other box was wired,

(wow, i need to dust)

DSCN2667.jpg

and i sectioned the gas tank, the kit comes with a huge one, so i took about half a centmeter out but its still huge.

DSCN2668.jpg

and here is the bottom, i had to cut it down to fit in the new tank, then added welds to cover up the rought cuts.

DSCN2669.jpg

thanks for looking and any input is greatly appreceated

Edited by Hippie

• 2 weeks later...

hello everyone, got some done, sorry for the long break.

heres bascialy a overall shot of whats done right now.

DSCN2731.jpg

as you can see i painted, sanded, polished, and waxed, its a light metalic black. I think it looks pretty good, at least for me its pretty refelictive you can see that here.

DSCN2722.jpg

also got some wireing done. this bike didn't have an alternater so i got that done.

DSCN2737.jpg

and then it concets to this wireing mess.

DSCN2736.jpg

thanks for looking, and i would reley like to here what you think.

Hi Eric,

nice and interesting project you´ve started. There is not so much information about the Magna 50 in the net. But I think you can use for the wiring the Dax as a reference for the model. There are a few plans for wiring to find in the net.

hello, thanks alot everyone.

the bike has had a bit done too it, a coming contest has kinda slowed progress as get everything perfect for that but i did manage to get this done.

DSCN2790.jpg

anyone wana guse what it is, a hint it does invove the bike.

ok well its a display stand, i figure at all the auto shows they do a big set up so i built one. there's still a bit more to add, it basicaly holds all the body pannesl, and later i'm gona add some plaques that talk about the bike, here's it wiht some of the stuff on it.

DSCN2792.jpg

anyways thanks again.

(edit: hi, sorry for not adding anymore, if anyones waching i'm taking a little break from the build and working on a porshe, but shall return......)

Edited by Hippie

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone I'm back on this, I'm taking a new direction, a cafe style bike but still mixed with the modern performance bike I showed before

Here's kinda a overall shot of the idea and the stance.

DSCN2998.jpg

The main difference besides some paint will be this thing:

DSCN2995.jpg

DSCN2990.jpg

I got rid of the rear fender and the seat and have replaced them with this little set up.

Thanks for looking and your comments are appreciated also if any one has an idea of where to hide the license plate on this it would be helpful.

Thanks guys.

the bolts are from a train group called walthers I belive. but the ones every one else uses from scalehardware are just as good the only resond im using these is that there sold at my local hobby shop so i can just buy a few at a time and not have to do a huge order.

thanks again and I've got a lot painted and will probaly have a update in a day or two

Edited by Hippie

Hello everyone.

Got some paint done, I have decided that to be a true cafe bike that all the part will be mismatched in age and brands, so some parts will be weathered and some will still have the sticker on them. (hopefully that makes sense)

So on that note here's some of the weathered parts:

DSCN3003.jpg

DSCN3001.jpg

And some of the parts I showed last time kinda finished:

DSCN2999.jpg

Then here's the headlight:

DSCN3000.jpg

And lastly I found a place to hide the turn lights in the front:

DSCN3005.jpg

Thanks for looking again, I'm surprised that theirs is any interest in a 50cc bike, but cool!!

You shouldn't be surprised ! Any subject done right is worth paying attention to , and your 50cc bike is being done right ! Your skill and attention to detail is amazing !

Please continue posting your builds and we will watch .

BOB .

hello again, and thanks TooOld.

I have started on the front end first off the handle bars. There styled after a modern sport bike. The grips from tamiya where vinyl kinda one of the few problems in the kit they where remade out of some heat shrink, each side is different to bring in that pieced together look. The actual box things where the wires connect ( sorry no clue what the name ) need to be replaced. Still working out how to make some.

2012-05-15160115.jpg

And like the original monkey they fold up at least for now:

2012-05-15160348.jpg

Then I've done one turn single:

2012-05-15160007.jpg

On the other side I added what i think is a damper of some sort. It looks like the sensor used in sport bikes but in my reference there's no wires so any guise what it is but i built one.

2012-05-15160251.jpg

(sorry all the pictures seam to suck today)

Here's the reference for it:

Honda_Monkey_by_HK_Racing_01.jpg

Well thanks for looking. Any comments or idea or even criticism is appreciated.

Edited by Hippie

Hello everyone and thanks LAone.

not much progress but a bit I got all the turn singles in and some of the wiring for it all.

DSCN3022.jpg

And in the front i did one broke manly because I don't have the lens.

DSCN3019.jpg

Lastly on the seat pan I did that swirl polish(I think that's what its called) on the aluminum seat.

DSCN3024.jpg

Sorry it doesn't take a perfect well. :(

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Hippie

The term you're looking for is "engine turned" like on the dash of the older Trans Am's. Anyway...been following this thread and am really impressed with the amount of detail you're adding. And now with the weathering...photographed the right way when you're done will probably fool a lot of people thinking it's real. Can't wait to see this one done.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys really means a lot.

I've got a few odd bits done but the big excitement is RB motion a/n fittings, this might be old news but last time I went on there site they where advertising pre-anodized fittings I've never been particularly good at the anodized look so I went and bought some and there pretty awesome. Also got the oil cooler scratch built for them to go on.

DSCN3055.jpg

(just a note you can't see the dust in real life)

DSCN3053.jpg

Next off will be some of Pro Tech's .80 line, but I still have to get that ordered.

Anyway I also got the front light finished:

DSCN3054.jpg

Got the clutch/chain cover finished:

DSCN3050.jpg

And built a fuel spout from the botom of the tank, the stock pieces is the gray plastic blob and my thing in the tweezers:

DSCN3047.jpg

And here's kinda a overall pic of whats going on:

DSCN3057.jpg

Sorry not a ton done but the cotton wood is out in force right now and thanks to allergies most days i cant even see. :(

Anyways thanks for watching.

Edited by Hippie