Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '06 Shelby GT-H

crispy

That's a lot of body work there, Rob! :DB)

Here's another thought that occurred to me ... I've seen a number of Mustang convertible diecasts in 1/24. Wonder if any of those might have parts (a top boot, f'rinstance) that might be adaptable to a styrene convertible conversion?

Yeah, it's too bad Revell hasn't done an '05+ convertible... I'll have to scratchbuild 3-4 of those tulip panels to do the ones I want to do...I figure I can use the boot from the Revell Cobra convertibles w/ some mods (I have a few extra '96 Cobra conv. kits in my parts stash). I'm surprised someone in the resin world hasn't offered a convertible version of the '06 kit yet.

Edited by Rob Hall

I agree with you Bob!

Aftermarket needs to come up with some modern tires and wheels that are what you might find on vehicles at a Year One Event or Good Guys show. Including some of the newer offerings from Mickey Thompson (they don't have to say that to avoid licensing fee's). Some of the available offerings by Aoshima and the like are geared more towards tuners and lux type cars.