Model Cars Magazine Forum

digger cuda

randx0

I picked one up at my LHS. I've not seen the original however I have to say that this kit is pretty nice I thought it would be like the infini t or stingaree but it's based on a front engine rail chassis and the body is pretty cool looking .The packaging is what got my attention the bottom of the box shows you the contents the sides of the bottom box has digger printed on it the art is just that on the front no words just the picture and it is a pretty sturdy box the decals are in their own plastic as are the three windshields I didn't take pictures because I didn't open the bags yet so if you open yours post some pics.and instead of paying 20-25 dollars for a vintage repop it was only 14.99. if this is an indication of what will be coming from the new amt/mpc we are in for a treat.also I noticed the polar lights speed racer cars are out also.oh yeah there is also a small surprise in the box too but I'll let you discover that yourself.

I picked one up at my LHS. I've not seen the original however I have to say that this kit is pretty nice I thought it would be like the infini t or stingaree but it's based on a front engine rail chassis and the body is pretty cool looking .The packaging is what got my attention the bottom of the box shows you the contents the sides of the bottom box has digger printed on it the art is just that on the front no words just the picture and it is a pretty sturdy box the decals are in their own plastic as are the three windshields I didn't take pictures because I didn't open the bags yet so if you open yours post some pics.and instead of paying 20-25 dollars for a vintage repop it was only 14.99. if this is an indication of what will be coming from the new amt/mpc we are in for a treat.also I noticed the polar lights speed racer cars are out also.oh yeah there is also a small surprise in the box too but I'll let you discover that yourself.

Good Kit.. I while ago I got a rebuilder <Way beofre the announced re issue.

Everything but the Body is the Ivo Kit, The one on the List to be reissued also.

It is the same as the Two Much, another good Model.

although it has its shortcomings. The frame is square not round tubes. Lots of sanding to make round.

the engine is lacking some detail.

But it brings back memories from a day when it was New.

I got mine today at Hobbytown-a no sales tax day, plus I had a $5 discount coupon, made it $12 out the door. IWhat a deal. It's a great kit, just as I remebered the original but with clear, blue, or red tinted windows, a great decal sheet, a very nice box, a little mini-box inside, and an AMT sticker. If this is any indication of the future Round 2 releases, they've certainly done a good job!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 42, and have been building since the early 70's, but I don't remember the original Digger kit. At first glance I wasn't really interested in this kit. Viewing all of the photos on the internet, it just seemed 'cartoonish' to me. Then I saw the box art in person, and was pleasantly surprised to see that the kit included a set of 'Stardust' decals. So I figured what the heck, and I bought it. I'm glad I did......

I have to say, I'm impressed by the overall quality of the kit and the presentation. Tom Lowe is 'seeing to the details' on these new releases, and that's an awesome thing. The only issue my new kit seems to have is some very slight warpage to the body shells. The kit comes packaged with the chassis housed between the top and bottom shells, and the shells in my kit have a sort of 'duck bill' warp to them. I'm not sure if that's a byproduct of the packaging, or if they were molded that way. Either way, it'll take a little work to get everything to line up and sit just right on the finished model. I'm looking forward to building this Digger.

BTW, I also purchased the new '49 Ford Coupe 'Street Rods' release, and the latest '60 Ford Starliner just yesterday. Good stuff guys!

Mike

Edited by Bluzboy66

Drag cars don't normally do anything for me.

I got the Digger 'cuda at our NNL and can't wait to build it. Too cool...I first saw one about 15 years ago builtup in white w/the original psychedelic decals. I've wanted one ever since.

It's also sold out it's entire first run...Round 2 is out of them. Not sure if they'll pop out more or not. Model Roundup still has a few.

• 2 weeks later...