Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 Dodge 2door sedan straight axle

JasonC

I'm the type who usually builds a model in my spare time and tend to hop from model to model. I've been up in the air on what color to paint this model. But finally picked one. I need to find a name for the door and then clear it. need to figure out a rear end setup for it too. I got the wheelbase moved forward, not much but is noticable with the loger wheel openings. I will update this thread as i progess with the model. I made the headers, but need to figure out what to use on the ends of them to finish them off.

64_model_1.jpg

64_model.jpg

modelcars_009_645172.jpg

Edited by JasonC

I got the paint at wal mart. But will warn you guys that it goes on ruff. The clear is is drying and makes it look like it has some orange peel. I wanted a high sparkle paint and thought i'd try it. It's not a show model like others on here. But my skills aren't that well. I did get a name for it, "Gas Chamber" and the colors of the name look like it will flow well with the car.

Its sunny out and i'm wanting to see what it looked like mostly together. Some of the parts are just sitting on it. Plus I'm not to for sure if i'm liking the headers as long as they are? But here are some more pictures.

modelcars_008_997192.jpg

modelcars_010_329315.jpg

modelcars_011_834747.jpg

Jason, first welcome to the forums. We have a lot of great people here.

Second, I really like what you are doing here, but I have some questions?

Why are some things not painted? The chassis? The lower half of the car?

A note on the solder headers, they look great but because of the weight of the solder, eventually they will sag. You should add some sort of hanger to help with that.

I never had any luck with white paint, so i said screw it i'm clearing over the plastic... As for the chassis, i know it should be a primer/sealer color with white overspray. But i'm not going to be to particular with it on this model. I just wanted a model that was fun to build in my spare time and not to complicated. The headers i did about 7 months ago. and i'll look out for sagging.

• 4 months later...