Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Here's a mock up of the supply truck for an update. I got a lot of painting and weathering done (didn't get to the shiny things in the photo, yet!), and I'm still in the process of building the generator and wiring everything. The grip in the center of the dash is for controlling the minigun, as the opening next to the driver will be covered with mesh fence or something similar.

ePJ89.jpg

ns6nY.jpg

IjEXs.jpg

8OsFH.jpg

Having tons of fun! It's hard to believe how much work it takes to make something look rusty and dirty. It sure is more forgiving than trying to make something shiny and clean, however! :lol: Thanks for looking.

Edited by rhs856

ATTENTION PLEASE:

Note that the due date for the models to be completed has been pushed up to January. This will give everyone time to finish one, two, or start a third project.

I am also postponing the photo op with the mail in models because Momma Cranky (who is 76) is having surgery next month and I have to be there for her.

The builds will continue though, so Gen. EYEGORE says "As you were!"

Good deal maybe I can get it done on time. Been so busy.

For those of you interested in making your own Fuel drums, here's quick how-to a friend of mine put together on YOUTUBE. He makes it look real easy, and the final results are super cool.

He sent me a couple of these drums to use in the HIGHWAY TO HELL diorama, and I sure will. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.c.../10/dFEMxjodXAA

Hello im new on here i just love the work everyone is doing great job guy :) . The reason im posting i clicked on this link and nothing was there. I really want to know how to make my owen fule drums so if you could help me out that would be awsome.

I really want to do a post apocalypse model soon. Thanks for your time and hope to hear from you soon thanks again.

Edited by White Devil

Update on the Supply Trading Vehicle - I'm nearing the final stretch! The truck itself is nearly complete, all that's left is to make/paint the remaining "supplies". I just finished the generator, which I based on a Briggs and Stratton. It was made with sheet and rod styrene, some aluminum tubing, and a little wire for the pull cord. Here it is before the paint...

Q0vhj.jpg

And after.

Ku3fH.jpg

This is where the truck is at this point. I just need to add on some trim pieces and it should be done. No glass in this one - the Trader loves the hot apocalyptic breeze blowing through his hair! :D

tGfCp.jpg