Model Cars Magazine Forum

Police, Fire, Rescue CBP

Janne Herajärvi

Im still waiting decals for trunk and hood, but since i have decals for both sides i wanted to put them on. I really like these decals. They are thin but there was no afraid to broke them, even i did little bit modified them.

Passingers side in place and drivers side in the works.

Decals001-vi.jpg

B)

Over-ambitious Slant 6?

:D :D

if i had a leaning tower of power in my partsbox i might have gone for it...but no

Super charged, twin turbo HEMI? :D

id have to check with the judges but i think your close enough

the exact awnser is a supercharged twin turbo DUAL OVERHEAD CAM HEMI

utf-8BSU1HMDA1OTktMjAxMDA2MjUtMjEzM.jpg

go big or go home right ?

anyway, thanks to Keith Young i got the pro street chassis and suspension in

i cut out the stock engine bay and glued it to the modified chassis

(takes a bit of work to make those snails fit)

now im just waiting on Alan from Ma's resin to send over some nice rolling stock and i should be able to finish her up

Good looking stuff here!

The Dodge is on hold while I finish the Caprice and start another tank. ;)

I'm looking through the spares for a light bar for this. The second CHP Dodge will be a slick top so I will need some stuff for it too. Anybody got any spare spotlights from a Lindbergh '96 Crown Vic? I need some and wanted to make resin copies, but I cannot find any in my spares. The spot lights in the Dodge kit suck.

Speaking of the Dodge Charger, something occurred that I am wondering is the norm. Upon putting the interior in, and placing the chassis on, I noticed some fit issues. They were easily resolved until I began adding the underhood details. The best I can figure is the body is out of wack by not quite 1/16 inch.

It appears my kits body is short on the left side by that amount. NOTHING fit under the hood on the left (driver's) side. I had to ditch the hood hinges, they interferred with the shock tower on the left side. When I added the washer bottle the hood was again no longer level on the left side. I removed the washer bottle and shaved the bottom down. I snipped off the mounting pin and put it back. Now the hood fits level. :blink:

Thing is all the underhood details on the left side are too close together. This keeps the hood from closing. You can tell the body's not quite square with the hood on. WTF?

Your thoughts people?

G

Edited by AgentG

WOW i got my first set ever of Bill Bozo decals! Now i know why you guys like them. I was thinking when i ordered them that i have decals for 2 cop cars, but there is full decals for 4 cop cars!! and lots of extra decals what i can use for future builds. Now im thinking some "what if" project. What about NYPD Highway Patrol car Dodge Challenger`09??

Gotta thank you guys for bringing those decals to my knowledge in this great CBP. We have lots of great builds in progress at here.

Janne :D

G thanks for heads up. I havent start yet my Charger but that info comes handy when its time for it.

Janne it could have just been my kit, but wow what a bummer. Watch the left (driver's) side of the engine bay. Everything added onto the fender well is compressed front to back and it definately makes a difference. The hood hinges fit exactly in a space engineered between the shock tower and wiper bottle. That little bit of space made all the difference.

Bozo decals are the bomb! :)

G

Edited by AgentG

Here's another example of Bozo decals. This is an AMT concept Camaro dressed out as a phantom Colorado State Patrol interceptor.

6_Camaro_Colarado_Hiway_Patrol-vi.jpg

amaro_Colaarado_Hiway_Patrol_2-vi.jpg

Camaro_Colarado_Hiway_Patrol_3-vi.jpg

B)

Gotta take some decent pix of this thing!

Edited by Danno

Here's another example of Bozo decals. This is an AMT concept Camaro dressed out as a phantom Colorado State Patrol interceptor.

6_Camaro_Colarado_Hiway_Patrol-vi.jpg

B)

Better hoard those decals, he got a cease & desist from the State Patrol over those, and you can't get them anymore.

Better hoard those decals, he got a cease & desist from the State Patrol over those, and you can't get them anymore.

What a bunch of narrow-minded bullpuppy. I just don't get the thought pattern there ... and of course CSP is not the first agency to do that ... I just don't get how 1/25 or 1/18 decals threaten the agency. Guess they need to cloak all their vehicles with stealth stuff so no "unauthorized" photos can be taken ... etc., etc.

On to other agency builds, then!

B)

Oh yeah, the LAPD too went bugnutts and Chimneyville et al had to stop printing the little "To Protect and Serve" logos as well as that ancient city emblem. Ho Hum, real dumb. :P

Colorado has a sharp looking car, too bad, we'll all stick to the CHP!

A guy I know runs the website copcar.com. He darn near got arrested after asking to take pics for his site. Seems a certain hoity toity PD in Kansas values their security. Like anyone knows they are there? :blink:

G

Oh yeah, the LAPD too went bugnutts and Chimneyville et al had to stop printing the little "To Protect and Serve" logos as well as that ancient city emblem. Ho Hum, real dumb. :P

HHHMMMMMM, interesting. I didn't pay very much attention to my new LAPD Charger, I was too busy trying to figure what projects the other lightbars would go for :blink: , but does it have those decals included?

By the way, if you're wondering why I'm asking when I have it, I'm just too lazy to go look right now! :lol::lol:

JBOT actually has written permission from CSP to do their decals, and when he's actually taking orders you can still get them from him. LASO hit someone (I'd have to go look) with the same Cease & Desist this year as well.

Beyond that I'll keep my opinions to myself as I'm probably not the most objective person when it comes to the trials and tribulations of Dave Arnold, nor the guy that owns Bill Bozo.

Interesting.. Sadly no one hasnt made decals for Finnish cop cars, but then i was reading that is illegal to use those logos without licence from police department. So i cant make tiny model car without some paper work for licensing :P

Oh well, here is where im with Caprice now. I cant finish it without trunk and hood decals, but ill try finish it close i can now. Chassis was little difficult to marry with body and it didnt fit well, but i think its ok. Looks like rear window has dropped little bit...

Teaser002-vi.jpg

Teaser001-vi.jpg

Must blackwash those panel lines, but i can do it after other works are done.

Maybe that is why the LAPD Charger I just bought doesn't have any decals.

I know when Universal started working on the TV show Emergency! they approached LA city Fire first. They were "too busy" to play with TV people, so the producers went to LA County Fire who was more than happy to work with them. Some people just can't see free positive public awareness opportunities if it bites them on the butt.

Edited by Aaronw

Maybe that is why the LAPD Charger I just bought doesn't have any decals.

I know when Universal started working on the TV show Emergency! they approached LA city Fire first. They were "too busy" to play with TV people, so the producers went to LA County Fire who was more than happy to work with them. Some people just can't see free positive public awareness opportunities if it bites them on the butt.

No kidding! I mean, really. What does it hurt? It's not like BillBozo or Chimneyville or any of the modeling aftermarket decal makers are cranking out 1:1 decals!

Sheeeesh!

I suppose they want $$$ for licensing fees!

:wacko:

that sounds great Brandon

i dont think ive ever seen one like that before

maybe later on you could even build a back to the future twin out of a 2010 challenger

only one question....how are they going to put the perp in the backseat B)

Three words: 'Watch yer head!'

:rolleyes::D:P

that always seemed odd to me, first they knock your teeth in trying to get you on the ground

then the try to put thier knee through your kidneys, trying to keep you on the ground

after that they try to dislocate both you your shoulders getting the cuffs on you but when you get to the backseat all of a sudden its "watch yer head" :huh: