Model Cars Magazine Forum

Giddy up 409

crazyjim

1962 Chevy bubbletop with a 409 painting in HOK violette pearl with some Pearl Ex lavender on top of that. Neal (Outlaw35) turned me on to Rustoleum texture paint and this chassis is painted with that stuff. It's kind of thick and covers some details, but gives an interesting finish. It comes in a few colors and I'm going to be trying them on interiors.

100_5638.jpg

100_5646.jpg

100_5647.jpg

100_5648.jpg

100_5649.jpg

Beautiful '62 ! I love the lavender top coat , gives it a great shine ! I've used the Rustoleum texture paint too , it makes a good undercoating and you can paint over it in any color you want . I used it on my Ranchero and was thinking about trying a for vinyl top one of these days .

Thank you. Looks like 2013 will be seeing a '29 pickup, a custom '50 Olds, and a '55 Chevy pickup. HOK has some new colors that are on order, and I'm planning to organize my stock of aluminum tubing.

I was also thinking of trying my hand at a weathered build - NOT!!

The big plan for 2013 is to continue to wake up every morning and be able keep my styrene addiction moving along.