Model Cars Magazine Forum

31 Nash: way beyond "Rat Fiink" Coupe: new project 5/9/13

John Teresi

Hello........my good buddy Paul Cadwell AKA "2whl" here on the forum......turned me on to this mag. .......and thought that the 31 Nash way beyond "Rat Fink" Coupe would catch my eye........well, he was right.......I loved it......I could not find a plastic or resin kit for a 31 Nash........so I will have to modify something........my mind is ticking ........this build may take a while longer to build........as I am building a 1/24 F/C chassis with all the bells and whistles for my friend at the same time.........thanks for looking.

DSCF7705_zpsa790a9d0.jpg

DSCF7706_zps8e0be6f8.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

John how did you do at the GSL ? Saw some pictures of some of your builds that where there.

The Rat Rod your going to build will be quit a car I'm sure when you get it completed.

Seth......I did very good.......I am very happy of what I accomplished :) ........thanks for asking.

I'd go with what Todd said- get a Monogram '30 Model A five window and convert it accordingly.

I was thinking of building this too, but couldn't find too many reference pics for it until it was listed on ebay a few months back-

KGrHqFg8FU3M0JruBQcQMeiVH60_3-vi.jpg

GrHqRjIFBe7dhiIMBQcRHSo1Kg60_3-vi.jpg

KGrHqRqYFKkcWBQcRFZMf60_3-vi.jpg

GrHqVlEFBK9wqbPOBQcRF8cqHQ60_3-vi.jpg

2eC16FEE9s2ufFIdBQcRDWDC9Q60_3-vi.jpg

2eC16hHJGE9nm3sBWLBQcZ8MkB60_3-vi.jpg

Rest of the pics here- http://public.fotki.com/ChuckMost/11-reference-pictures/nashty-habit/#media

Chuck.......thank you for posting the pictures......I had most of them .......and the magazine feature pics too.......I will try to build it as close as possible.......sure would like to see you build it as well.......I might shy away from the Nash all together and go with a Ford theme?.........I`ll just use the same look.......thanks.

Nah... I'll let you handle this one, John! You're way more qualified than me to duplicate the paint job on the 1:1.

I AM planning on building something that looks similar to this though, with the AMT '33 Willys body. :)

Chuck........yes,that`s why I choose to try and build this car.......I wanted the challenge of the paint job........I found a 3 window Coupe in my parts boxes...... think I might go for modifying it to a Nash.........it might not be to hard?..........and I`ll ask a friend to make the decal for me.......they say great minds think alike :) ............thanks

Can't wait to see this one ! I was wondering what you were going to build next :)

That magazine is sitting on my desk, the back rims look like the ones in the Revell Thunderbolt kit .

Not sure if it will help but maybe a 31 plymouth if someone makes a resin body ?

Edited by Road Runner 79

Can't wait to see this one ! I was wondering what you were going to build next :)

That magazine is sitting on my desk, the back rims look like the ones in the Revell Thunderbolt kit .

Not sure if it will help but maybe a 31 plymouth if someone makes a resin body ?

Pat.......thanks for your input brother......... :)