Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

My order from Tokyo Hobby arrived while I was in Branson. Just a bunch of wheels. Before leaving, I cleaned out the hobby area of the shop and today I rented a floor scrubber, mopped the floor real good a few times, and laid down a good coat of Future. My floor is going to be SHINY :) :) :) .

Got a new/ used truck, a 2002 Ford Ranger.....well i traded my 94 Mustang GT for it.

I hope you like the new truck. I sold my 94 GT a few years back and wish I never did. I recieved a letter from the Dallas DMV impound lot about 3 months after the sale telling me to come get it. I called and told them that I sold it and they told me that they have me on file as the legal owner. I guess they never transfered the title over to their name. Curiosity got the best of me so I went to look at it. Someone tried to smash through a concrete barier with it and some of the parts have been stripped. It broke my heart. I have had 3 V8 Mustangs so far and looking back my 94 was my favorite.

I had 7000.00 "invested" in the pos and it still wasn't right. It was time to call it quits. Ive had 6 Mustangs and this one was the worse one i've ever owned, and im a mechanic!!! The truck is much nicer and has working A/C, something i feel much better having seeing as i'm now a stay at home dad. I hated to have my 2 yr old in the back seat of a black car with no A/C in 100 degree heat.

My order from Tokyo Hobby arrived while I was in Branson. Just a bunch of wheels. Before leaving, I cleaned out the hobby area of the shop and today I rented a floor scrubber, mopped the floor real good a few times, and laid down a good coat of Future. My floor is going to be SHINY :) :) :) .

Wait, what ??? You wasted perfectly good Future on a floor ?? But isn't it supposed to be for clearcoating your models ???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I had 7000.00 "invested" in the pos and it still wasn't right. It was time to call it quits. Ive had 6 Mustangs and this one was the worse one i've ever owned, and im a mechanic!!! The truck is much nicer and has working A/C, something i feel much better having seeing as i'm now a stay at home dad. I hated to have my 2 yr old in the back seat of a black car with no A/C in 100 degree heat.

That's how I feel. I'm in my car 8-10 hrs a day. I'm gonna run some freon through it and hope that's the ONLY problem. Black car + black interior = heat stroke. LOL

Edited by JamesW

I hope you like the new truck. I sold my 94 GT a few years back and wish I never did. I recieved a letter from the Dallas DMV impound lot about 3 months after the sale telling me to come get it. I called and told them that I sold it and they told me that they have me on file as the legal owner. I guess they never transfered the title over to their name. Curiosity got the best of me so I went to look at it. Someone tried to smash through a concrete barier with it and some of the parts have been stripped. It broke my heart. I have had 3 V8 Mustangs so far and looking back my 94 was my favorite.

Same thing happened with my '73 Barracuda. This was back in the late 1980s. I had sold it to a friend of mine and he never paid me in full. He drove it for about a year, then dropped it back off at my house in lieu of the debt. So I sold it to a young guy and his mother. The kid was in a votech mechanics class and said he'd restore the car during the program. That never happened. About a year later my buddy gets a ticket in the mail for abandoning a vehicle. So we called Bayonne, NJ town and found that we could have the car back IF we plead guilty to abandoning the car and paid the towing and storage costs. So we went to look at the car... totally trashed. The costs would have been over $1000 and not worth it for what was left of the car. And my buddy didn't want to plead guilty to anything.

So we went to court to fight the charge. Fortunate for us, I'm pretty methodical when I sell a car. The kid was 17 so I made his mother sign a sales receipt I wrote out that had both our names and addresses on it. The car got flat bedded from my house and I took parting shots of the car being loaded up. That included shots of the company name and location on the truck doors. Before court started we saw the prosecutor and produced our evidence. He said he was happy we had all that because he sees many people who he felt were innocent but had no paperwork to prove they didn't abandon the vehicle themselves. He told us to sit in the front row and when my friend got called during roll call, he would dismiss the case.

I have a Porsche 911 and an Indy car and a Shelby GT350 and a 68 Charger coming tomorrow , and like a dope I just bought a 64 GTO a 37 Ford Pickup and a 69 Camaro , I don't know why buying these cars is so darn addictive there is no way I will build these things in my lifetime, but I can't seem to stop :blink:

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...